chaperone, photographer or stranger

This thread is being watched by 2 people
This thread is currently locked
H photos is off-line
10 November 2010 03:29
designerhugh
Photographer

Hampshire

Who is the biggest danger to the model the chaperone, photographer or stranger.

Having shot one very high profile model who was attacked and raped by her boyfriend why do some models seem to feel they need a chaperone to keep them safe. Makes me sad when photographers are constantly given this label.

Hugh

Jbwalton is off-line
10 November 2010 03:41
jbwalton
Photographer

Strathclyde

Women face the greatest risk of sexual assault from men they know, not strangers. Of the women who are sexually assaulted, most (69%) are sexually assaulted by men known to them dates, boyfriends, marital partners, friends, family members or neighbours.

Ken Pegg is off-line
10 November 2010 04:19
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Oh great, a chaperone thread.

Philip Hartley is off-line
10 November 2010 04:32
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

85% of all assaults on women are either from people within their family or someone known to them.
Over 80% of sexual assualts by strangers are by unlicensed taxi drivers.
I had first hand dealings with this when I worked within the Criminal justice system.

In my experience the photographer is most at risk with male chaperones.. I have had items stolen from my studio, other attempted theft and been verbally abused and threatened by one boy friend chaperone and that because I WOULD NOT take "Private" images of himself and his girl friend.. He was paying for her shoot and thought he was entitled to anything he wanted. I could see that the young woman wasn't too keen on the idea.
I have had one so called chaperone who came back with a mate and attempted to burgle my property. My CCTV recorded the attempt and they ran away when the Alarm went off. They were still arrested but no charges were made as my CCTV only showed them entering my land and didn't show them actually trying to break in.

Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
10 November 2010 04:35
ForumModerator

West Sussex

further reading here
~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~
~~~~~~~~

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alicestar Donna654321 ElleLaura isobel111 kkoch RoxyMendez skykantara1
antoinewynn azurphotos Blancho ChrisD dougharding iDubai2018 IMM_Photography peterh PJAPhotography Scotography
Discretion