Reminder Secure

"Chaperones" do photographers really not like them? And other bits of advice wanted.

This thread is currently locked
Hazel Ashton is off-line
04 June 2010 14:22
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Hi, im just wanting to know more about modelling etc and have got a few photographers working with me this months not many but hey its experience .

All im wondering is that i've been told that many photographers don't like Chaperones and i wouldn't get many castings if i had to bring one with me, is this true? Or is it just that certain photographers mind and others don't?

Any more tips of the modelling world are useful!! One of which is by looking at some photographers pictures they look to have been taken poorly like you could take at home are these guys ones to steer clear of??

And make-up wise on my images (un-professional) is it okay or do i need to make changes. Any make-up advice would be great as i would love to learn how to make my make-up look amazing for my images!

Any futher advice you got tell me i can take criticism

Thanks, Hazel x
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

04 June 2010 14:23
bulky
Model

http://purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=105628
Will answer all your questions about chaperones.

Yes, stay away from guys with bad pictures.
Be scared. Be very scared.

click_gotcha is off-line
04 June 2010 14:24
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

My rule on chaperones is simple:-

Bring one if you want, don't bring your dad or your boyfriend, once the shoot starts they sit in the waiting area, the only people in the actual studio are me and the model.

Apart from that they're OK.

04 June 2010 14:30
kater
Model

yep its true, they don't like them. I'm not sure why, but I just don't bring them. (plus sometimes I'm shooting for hours- well most of the time so my chaperone would get bored)
You need to be safe at shoots, DON'T EVEN REPLY to those badly done photographers who's 'work' is taking pictures of women as naked as possible in their living room.
Read the references, check they have at least a few. Message some of the models and ask what they were like to work with.
When you go, get the address and phone number of where you are going, leave it with somebody and tell them where your going to be. When I get into a car, I always text my boyfriend the registration plate (discreetly) you never know!
'please keep offending people, I love seeing you naked'.

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 June 2010 14:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It's just that reading 66 pages will stop you having time to model! Still a good read though.

So - brief answers to your three basic questions:

Some do some don't. Does not mean those who don't are bad people. The majority do not like chaperones for good reasons - especially boy friends/partners. Check references!

Not necessarily if they are paying you - although there is probably a higher percentage of GWCs (Guys with Cameras) who can't take decent photographs. If the shoot is TFP (i.e. you are getting paid with pictures) - yes!

Can't tell about the make up - but the better it is the better the results are likely to be.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 June 2010 14:34
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from kater
..........(plus sometimes I'm shooting for hours- well most of the time so my chaperone would get bored)

Yup - one reason we don't like them

You need to be safe at shoots, DON'T EVEN REPLY to those badly done photographers who's 'work' is taking pictures of women as naked as possible in their living room. Read the references, check they have at least a few. Message some of the models and ask what they were like to work with.

I agree

When you go, get the address and phone number of where you are going, leave it with somebody and tell them where your going to be. When I get into a car, I always text my boyfriend the registration plate (discreetly) you never know!

No need to be discrete as far as a reputable photographer is concerned. Plus - get the number from him before you go and check that it is the same as the car you are getting into.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
04 June 2010 14:35
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Matthew 7:7
Seek and ye shall find :-

~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~
~~~~~~~~

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators