Reminder Secure

Why do.....?

14 January 2010 02:45
johnlp
Photographer

(Why do people leave such ambiguous titles to new topics? It's really annoying.)

Why do models describe any level, above that which they wish to work at, as "tacky"?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2010 02:56
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from johnlp
Why do people leave such ambiguous titles to new topics? It's really annoying.

emoticon
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Jon E is off-line
14 January 2010 03:08
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Devon
Seaton, E Devon.

Why do members have their profiles written in good coherent reasonably correct English, yet resort to semi=slang text speak when they post on the forums?

Dave Laurie is off-line
14 January 2010 03:22
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from Bayrunner
Why do members have their profiles written in good coherent reasonably correct English, yet resort to semi=slang text speak when they post on the forums?

I suspect this may be one of those Threads where no actual answers are expected, but.............

In some examples of the above, English may not be the Member's first language so they may have some help when they actually sign up and fill in their details.
I recently received a Friend Request on another site from a Polish Model. I accepted and sent her a fairly brief message back. Then a couple of days later she replied:
"I am greeting and look to project soon".
So taking direction on a shoot may present a problem or two. Unless she swaps "chaperone" for "translator" of course.

That doesn't provide an excuse for those who are supposed to be able to speak English though.

Dave.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2010 03:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Bayrunner

Cos its teh internetz init!

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
14 January 2010 04:37
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Why do......?

People online appear half way down the page or even on the second page when doing a recently logged on search emoticon

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Tony S is off-line
14 January 2010 04:41
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Why do birds suddenly appear

Every time you are near?

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
14 January 2010 04:44
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from TonyS
Why do birds suddenly appear Every time you are near?

Because I use this

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

14 January 2010 04:55
Gazz
Photographer

Quote from Two_stops
Because I use this

John

At least it wasn't the RAC ad - you're getting better!

Michael Dainty is off-line
14 January 2010 05:18
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Photographer
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Merseyside
Liverpool

Why do fools fall in love?

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs isobel111 zavego
ad360photo belmez2000 Blancho cygnet dorrian Essexjohn eyecandiphotography Gentleguy gwentman Jobe JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo kaosrox M1chae15 mlp nickdandalos p4pFetography rikspiks stephenmuddell stevegosh thelook tms