Whats Happening Purestorm

Whats Happening Purestorm

153 posts
2 Nov 2014
swalsh58

What is model maxim? I have googled it and all I get is Maxim the magazine or FHM. If I separate the words, it takes me to model mayhem. If its a new site, its not appearing in any of the search engines. This is also the first I have heard of it, so how many members has it got, and where are they all??

I hope linking to it is not against PS rules or anything... Its best to be a member everywhere

http://www.modelmaxim.com
Posted 13 Nov 2014
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
swalsh58

What is model maxim? I have googled it and all I get is Maxim the magazine or FHM. If I separate the words, it takes me to model mayhem. If its a new site, its not appearing in any of the search engines. This is also the first I have heard of it, so how many members has it got, and where are they all??

it is just modelmaxim.com & yep, doesn't come up on google (yet?).  it looks like they got hold of people's personal email addresses as they emailed out invites to join early in november.
Posted 13 Nov 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Okay I found it. I did a search to see how many models were listed within 50 miles of me. Just 1... and the profile was not finished - no images, no blurb. Its not like I live miles away, Im in Kent! is the search facility only fully functional if you join?

Posted 13 Nov 2014
MG
Photographer
MG
swalsh58
Okay I found it. I did a search to see how many models were listed within 50 miles of me. Just 1... and the profile was not finished - no images, no blurb. Its not like I live miles away, Im in Kent! is the search facility only fully functional if you join?
Its showing two models. The site is only a couple of weeks old so is a complete baby but Im certain it will grow and grow. It does come up under google if you search for modelmaxim.com on google. Within a few weeks it will no doubt work by just googling model maxim with a space.... Having said all that, i like the forums here. Im not a fan of many of the forums on purpleport as they have posts like 'what washing machine shall i buy' with a dozen pages of responses!!! I suppose in a way its linked though.... Models wear clothes (sometimes), the clothes have to be cleanso there is the link!!! Im sure hotpoint dont have a forum for choosing what model to book fora shoot though!!
Posted 13 Nov 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
References to model maxim, still here, shows amazing tolerance from admin. In 'another place' this would result in a red laser dot on the forehead!

Posted 14 Nov 2014
MG
Photographer
MG
magpie1
References to model maxim, still here, shows amazing tolerance from admin. In 'another place' this would result in a red laser dot on the forehead!
I asked before i mentioned them, thought it was only polite. Both Matt that owns this site and the guy that runs modelmaxim are really good guys. Very genuine people.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
magpie1

Which place would that be?   Take a look at this thread then, it is normal for PP to allow links to competitor sites, right from the start of PP, there was no issue with this.  
It is a very tollerant site, fook me, they let me remain a member after three years  But then, I am a mild mannered, non-controversial sort of gentleman, others may not have survived. 

Posted 14 Nov 2014
Edited by Love 14 Nov 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mattharper

It is a very tollerant site..

Hmmm interesting. So tolerant that the owner allows one of its members to use the forum there to allege that the owner of Model Maxim has stolen images for use on his site. Since the allegation was made "last week", yet it still remains on the forum there today, I presume PP is standing behind it.

I won't quote exactly what 'Golding' said here as I'm pretty sure PS would remove it straight away if I did.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 14 Nov 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
mattharper

It is a very tollerant site

Not really, lots of threads get sin binned.

Posted 14 Nov 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
mattharper

It is a very tollerant site

**** off it is.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
RedChecker

**** off it is.

Well, my experience is that it is.  Just because you didn't like it, couldn't get the people you didn't like kicked off, you threw your toys out of your pram, but that doesn't mean others don't like and enjoy it. 

Much the best thing to do is look at the numbers and the site's use, that might tell you more about it than just your ratgher biased but irrelevant opinion. 

Posted 14 Nov 2014
Ach who cares - really.. If we don't like a site/the way its run then no point in being on it - of course if we all did that then we wouldn't have as many shit stirrers hanging about doing what they do best It must be a pretty sad existence if your apparent main form of entertainment is to bait people on a modelling/photographer forum. If you love PP then piss off to PP, if you love PS your in the right place and if you don't give that much of a shit either way then just be on them both.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
mattharper

Just because you didn't like it, couldn't get the people you didn't like kicked off, you threw your toys out of your pram

Eh?

You've got it so wrong.  Firstly I wasn't trying to get anyone kicked off and did you not read my post on the first page of this thread?

EDIT: and I did like it until Russ kept sending me threatening e-mails regarding some comments on the forums I'd made, not offensive, just mildly sarcastic.  I left because I realised that he really didn't want me on there judging by his tollerance level over any thing I posted.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
Edited by RedChecker 14 Nov 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
mattharper
It is a very tollerant site, fook me, they let me remain a member after three years  But then, I am a mild mannered, non-controversial sort of gentleman, others may not have survived. 
What rubbish. In the very early days on PP you daren't even mention Purestorm in the forums in case the thread was sin binned. It was always referred to as 'the other site'. Anything that the admin took a dislike to was removed, warranted or not. I have no idea what its like these days, as I am no longer a member. On another note, Model Maxim seems to be a decent site, and gathering pace too. I don't know if I will bother with the forums however.I will remain a member here though, as I still feel the site has something to offer.
Posted 14 Nov 2014
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
RedChecker

Eh?

You've got it so wrong.  Firstly I wasn't trying to get anyone kicked off and did you not read my post on the first page of this thread?

EDIT: and I did like it until Russ kept sending me threatening e-mails regarding some comments on the forums I'd made, not offensive, just mildly sarcastic.  I left because I realised that he really didn't want me on there judging by his tollerance level over any thing I posted.

I remember your constand moans about GWcs and how the site shouldn't let them on there.  I am surprised you can't remember that.   If you make sarcy comments, do you not expect some form of warning rom the site owner.   There is this silly notion that being an active member of a site gioves you some form of entitlement, like you own the site.   

If you simply keep within the guidelines, there wopn't be a problem.  Not liking something, disagreeing with something is fine, but one cannpt expect to tell someone else how to run THEIR site. 

If they didn't want you on there, it must be something to do with you, so that is where the problem was, with YOU.  Do you understand that simply idea? 

Posted 15 Nov 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join