scottish referendum

scottish referendum

257 posts
14 Sep 2014
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
marlhamphoto

Well most half-intelligent people are well able to temper and moderate whatever they read in the press or online and sift the wheat from the chaff. The scaremongering you're referring to is genuine though - born out of a sudden realisation that the Scots might not actually posess half a brain between them and the politicians are at a loss as to how to deal with that. Yours and other posts in this thread confirm a widespread case of stubborn stupidity which will undoubtedly lead to an unfortunate outcome for everyone.

I might need to readjust my toys oot the pram timescale.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
BodyBragging
Photographer
BodyBragging
I've just herd that England has offered to sell arms to Scotland. Not to protect themselves - Mr Salmond's defence policy is to reserect Mel Gibson - but for all voters of the Yes campaign, to shoot themselves in the foot.

We could also make some nice profit by exporting outside the EEC.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
BodyBragging
Photographer
BodyBragging
On a more serious note - for all companies involved in tendering for European Public Sector business - what are they going to do in the future.

Not being part of the EEC means that they will no longer be able to supply these contracts.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
It is not worth asking any questions about the practicalities of splitting from the UK...there are far too many to list...and merely asking the questions risks being labeled a 'bully' by Salmond.

If the Yes vote wins we are into a long period of guessing and jumping into the dark...the Scots far more than us I suspect!! But we shall see.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Posted 18 Sep 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
marlhamphoto
Well most half-intelligent people are well able to temper and moderate whatever they read in the press or online and sift the wheat from the chaff. The scaremongering you're referring to is genuine though - born out of a sudden realisation that the Scots might not actually posess half a brain between them and the politicians are at a loss as to how to deal with that. Yours and other posts in this thread confirm a widespread case of stubborn stupidity which will undoubtedly lead to an unfortunate outcome for everyone.
The problem it seems is that parts of the NO campaign (and part of the Yes as well) do not seem half intelligent.. People like you who insult the Scots as a nation (statistically and historically one of the most intelligent and inventive races as a whole) and calling anyone who is offended by the insults stubborn and stupid you highlight the problem expertly and demonstrate with your own words why their is a realistic prospect of a Yes vote, which may or may not be best for Scotland, but definately will not be best for the UK
Posted 18 Sep 2014
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
RedChecker

Worth reading

It's really not!

Posted 18 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
IainT

People like you who insult the Scots as a nation (statistically and historically one of the most intelligent and inventive races as a whole) and calling anyone who is offended by the insults stubborn and stupid you highlight the problem expertly and demonstrate with your own words why their is a realistic prospect of a Yes vote, which may or may not be best for Scotland, but definately will not be best for the UK

Well that's alright then. Your superior intelligence and inventiveness will see you through, of course it will.

Say it loud enough and often enough and everyone will believe it, won't they...
Posted 18 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
click_gotcha

It's really not!

Stark reality not to your liking?
Posted 18 Sep 2014
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
RedChecker

Stark reality not to your liking?

It's a foul mouthed, ill informed rant.  Anyway, I've voted

Posted 18 Sep 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
marlhamphoto

Well that's alright then. Your superior intelligence and inventiveness will see you through, of course it will.

Say it loud enough and often enough and everyone will believe it, won't they...

Well I have certainly seen a lot more intelligence in Ian's post on here that you have displayed in your crass and patronising bit of gibberish. While I don't actually agree with his reason for wanting to vote Yes I can certainly comprehend the sentiment behind it. The snag of course is that frustrating though it is this on not about giving the tories a good kicking, or labour or UKIP. The votes polled will put an end to hundreds of years of cooperation that has benefited us all for a lifetime or more.

Yes the No campaign has been a shambles. I think the comedian on Mock the week nailed it with his pithy comparison to a marriage on the rocks. That does not make all the reasons for not breaking away meaningless t hough. Like it or not Scotland is subsidised by the south to a considerable amount. Like it or not most of those who actually know something about oil production think the statements by Salmond uttery barmy. As to the health service. Well like Wales the Scotish parliament has chosen to cut spending there rather than follow Englands lead of at least holding it steady. Their choice and sheer cowardice to blame those problems on Whitehall.

All those things are true but most of the population knew that. Seeking to ram it down their throats rather than move on with a positive message of the benefits Scotland enjoys being part of the UK was facile patronising and counter productive. What is more by making promises the rest of the UK has no desire to keep, regardless of what the current leaders say they have stirred up more problems for the future.

Can Scotland go it alone. Of course it can. There will be problems and it will not be true independence if they seek to keep the pound but then is the UK truely independent now? I fear they will go through a very rocky period as the full enormity of Salmonds socialst vision becomes clear though.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
Edited by redbaron 18 Sep 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
If the Scots go it is because half the Scots hate the Tories and that will have ramifications in May....half the rest of us hate the Tories as well.

Cameron's position will clearly be untenable as will Cleggs...they presided over the Parliament that drove the Scots out.. Milliband's will be too if the labour party have the guts to get rid of their main electoral liability...but they probably won't, we know they preferred to lose the last election rather than dump Brown.

My feeling is UKIP will attract more Tory than Labour voters...and the LibDems will no longer split the anti-Tory vote so there will be a good chance of Labour becoming the next govt....even with Milliband. And definitely if he goes. And whoever gets into power...this will be a wake-up call to MPs that the voters have had enough of being taken for suckers by Westminster politicians mainly looking after number one!!

As for the Scots....pure speculation on my part....but I believe that the economic realities of their situation will eventually hit the fan and they will have to endure more and deeper austerity as an independent country than they would as part of the UK....Scots will soon find out why Salmond never gave a meaningful answer on anything to do with the Scottish economy.

The more affluent Scots can easily avoid future austerity by relocating south of the border and they have a year or so to decide....same with businesses. More bad news for the Scottish economy.

So...interesting times ahead...but I don't think the UK will do too badly out of a Yes vote.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
redbaron

Well I have certainly seen a lot more intelligence in Ian's post on here that you have displayed in your crass and patronising bit of gibberish.

Good luck with the sycophancy.

As for me being 'patronising' you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word. Made me smile though
Posted 18 Sep 2014
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
redbaron

Well I have certainly seen a lot more intelligence in Ian's post on here that you have displayed in your crass and patronising bit of gibberish. While I don't actually agree with his reason for wanting to vote Yes I can certainly comprehend the sentiment behind it. The snag of course is that frustrating though it is this on not about giving the tories a good kicking, or labour or UKIP. The votes polled will put an end to hundreds of years of cooperation that has benefited us all for a lifetime or more.

Yes the No campaign has been a shambles. I think the comedian on Mock the week nailed it with his pithy comparison to a marriage on the rocks. That does not make all the reasons for not breaking away meaningless t hough. Like it or not Scotland is subsidised by the south to a considerable amount. Like it or not most of those who actually know something about oil production think the statements by Salmond uttery barmy. As to the health service. Well like Wales the Scotish parliament has chosen to cut spending there rather than follow Englands lead of at least holding it steady. Their choice and sheer cowardice to blame those problems on Whitehall.

All those things are true but most of the population knew that. Seeking to ram it down their throats rather than move on with a positive message of the benefits Scotland enjoys being part of the UK was facile patronising and counter productive. What is more by making promises the rest of the UK has no desire to keep, regardless of what the current leaders say they have stirred up more problems for the future.

Can Scotland go it alone. Of course it can. There will be problems and it will not be true independence if they seek to keep the pound but then is the UK truely independent now? I fear they will go through a very rocky period as the full enormity of Salmonds socialst vision becomes clear though.

Scotland is not subsidised by the South.

Posted 18 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
anthonyh

Cameron's position will clearly be untenable

As a result of how he's represented the UK in the debacle I think that's likely to be true. But it's probably a moot point since I don't think he has any intention of continuing as PM beyond the election anyway.
Posted 18 Sep 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 18 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join