Chaperones

It seems this conversation has now been locked
176 posts
3 Aug 2011
Cygnet
Photographer
Cygnet
GlasgowPhotographer
In the beginning..............................
There was also a snake, some chaperone that turned out to be !!
Posted 6 Aug 2011
jes
Model
jes
Is it really necessary to keep going over the same thing?!

Some people want to take chaperones and some people wont allow it.  Just respect the other person's decision and if you can't agree, then don''t work together!
Posted 6 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
jes

Is it really necessary to keep going over the same thing?!

Some people want to take chaperones and some people wont allow it.  Just respect the other person's decision and if you can't agree, then don''t work together!

What's interesting is that no-one really wants such a perfectly reasonable solution. What they want is to make the other bugger see reason. And that's a tall order.
Posted 6 Aug 2011
awomanatwork
Photographer
awomanatwork
AmethystViolet

but if you're doing an adult shoot and you think the guy might try it on then it's not always safe to go on your own.  

If you have any doubt at all I would suggest you shouldn't be doing the shoot.

Posted 6 Aug 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
awomanatwork

If you have any doubt at all I would suggest you shouldn't be doing the shoot.

Exactly,
However sometimes I swear money means more to some lassies than their own safety.
Not aiming this at the person who posted the comment just generally
Posted 6 Aug 2011
jes
Model
jes
Jesus!  I have been groped by my boss when I worked in a office and had sleazy remarks from people working in the equine industry... probably far more than I ever have modelling!  Can't people just stop whingeing!!!!

Posted 6 Aug 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
jes

Jesus!  I have been groped by my boss when I worked in a office and had sleazy remarks from people working in the equine industry... probably far more than I ever have modelling!  Can't people just stop whingeing!!!!

No miss they can't xo
Posted 6 Aug 2011
Why does it have to be about a safety thing. ok so yes there is the risk and it makes you feel more secure but for me, i would like my fella there so that i dont have to tell him all about it later lol
Plus there might be an agreement with a partner that you could model but only if they came along because they are worried. Same goes with friends and parents. My mum would go ape if she new went to a stranger to have pictures taken in a place i didnt know with someone i didnt know. Thats not me being offensive to the photographer thats keeping my mum happy.
I think if your a trust worthy photographer and the chaperone is only there to watch not interject and is trust worthy themselves then it shouldnt be an issue.
I'm new to all this myself, thats just my CURRENT opinion. To be fair that may change with time, but for now i'd like my partner present.
I havent had any problems finding photographers that aren't willing to have my partner present. I'll let you know how the pictures come out lol

Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
Personally I really don't mind....

In fact how many times do people consider how easy it would be for a young vindictive model to ruin a photographers life and career by claiming that he made unwelcome advances?

Perhaps I should have a chaperone.. 

But being serious for a second I have no issue with them if they are there they are there if they are not they are not. If they get in the creative way I ask them politely to shut up or get out. If they don't like it end of shoot bye bye thank you very much.
Posted 6 Aug 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
VNPhotography

Personally I really don't mind....

In fact how many times do people consider how easy it would be for a young vindictive model to ruin a photographers life and career by claiming that he made unwelcome advances?

Perhaps I should have a chaperone.. 

But being serious for a second I have no issue with them if they are there they are there if they are not they are not. If they get in the creative way I ask them politely to shut up or get out. If they don't like it end of shoot bye bye thank you very much.

Those people make me sick.
They are the reason genuine people aren't believed ick
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
BaileyK

Those people make me sick.
They are the reason genuine people aren't believed ick

Yup which is why I dont mind models brining them. Hek on a TF shoot they can be handy to carry gear and hold the odd reflector
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Yup which is why I dont mind models brining them. Hek on a TF shoot they can be handy to carry gear and hold the odd reflector
My friend came to one with to a shoot with a photographer friend once. we both ended up in front of the camera and both took it in turns to hold reflectors etc etc
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Photographer
VNPhotography
Its not a popular view but as long as the model is going to a shoot thats within her levels and she is comfortable then the only reasons I can see that a photographer would not want a chaperone present are:

1. They are so shy/un confident/lacking in skill that the presence of a chaperone puts them of... (if this is the case MAN up or buy a copy of Razzle online as you cant face the chick on the counter)
2. They are an inappropriate perv and the model should run for the hills.. Chaperone was justified!
3. They are so far up their own ASS that they claim chaperones interrupt their creative spirit and if a model doesn't trust them they shouldn't shoot with them. - If this is the case please god beat them to death with a light stand and burry them in a big softbox.

At the end of the day its about security, its about companionship, its about someone to help carry bags, share driving, give moral support. Its not always cos they think your going to abduct them and do peculiar things to them! I have seen how much S**t some models bring to shoots they need help.. or a small truck?.?.?
Posted 6 Aug 2011
VNPhotography
Its not a popular view but as long as the model is going to a shoot thats within her levels and she is comfortable then the only reasons I can see that a photographer would not want a chaperone present are: 1. They are so shy/un confident/lacking in skill that the presence of a chaperone puts them of... (if this is the case MAN up or buy a copy of Razzle online as you cant face the chick on the counter) 2. They are an inappropriate perv and the model should run for the hills.. Chaperone was justified! 3. They are so far up their own ASS that they claim chaperones interrupt their creative spirit and if a model doesn't trust them they shouldn't shoot with them. - If this is the case please god beat them to death with a light stand and burry them in a big softbox. At the end of the day its about security, its about companionship, its about someone to help carry bags, share driving, give moral support. Its not always cos they think your going to abduct them and do peculiar things to them! I have seen how much S**t some models bring to shoots they need help.. or a small truck?.?.?
Sucks your 3 hrs away i would love to have a shoot with someone as understanding as you
Posted 6 Aug 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
VNPhotography

Its not a popular view but as long as the model is going to a shoot thats within her levels and she is comfortable then the only reasons I can see that a photographer would not want a chaperone present are:

1. They are so shy/un confident/lacking in skill that the presence of a chaperone puts them of... (if this is the case MAN up or buy a copy of Razzle online as you cant face the chick on the counter)
2. They are an inappropriate perv and the model should run for the hills.. Chaperone was justified!
3. They are so far up their own ASS that they claim chaperones interrupt their creative spirit and if a model doesn't trust them they shouldn't shoot with them. - If this is the case please god beat them to death with a light stand and burry them in a big softbox.

At the end of the day its about security, its about companionship, its about someone to help carry bags, share driving, give moral support. Its not always cos they think your going to abduct them and do peculiar things to them! I have seen how much S** some models bring to shoots they need help.. or a small truck?.?.?

My own view on people who post that kind of thing is that they are just advertising their working preferences. Quite frankly you are welcome to hoover up any models  thick enough to fall for that kind of drivel.

Posted 6 Aug 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked