Whats Happening Purestorm

Whats Happening Purestorm

153 posts
2 Nov 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
Enjoyed this thread but now it contains too many words. Got long winded.

Posted 11 Nov 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mattharper

It is history, it was a ridiculous thread with a rather extreme feminist twist and I threw in a handgrenade, as I have done a few times in the past with threads that I think are onesided or way over-the-top....

Ah OK. So here we go:

You posted a deliberately inflamatory 'joke' and the people who were offended and enraged by it ranted about it on PP. The site owner didn't listen so it overflowed onto FB where the site owner then inflamed the situation further by his own activity there. Ultimately that resulted in the site owner removing the profiles of many of those people. Other people removed themselves because they didn't agree with how he dealt with it.

Does that sound like a fair outcome to you for those who had their profiles removed? Particularly since you admit your 'joke' was deliberately inflamatory but you remain on the site? Do you not think that there might have been a more reconciliatory and fair outcome to the whole thing?
Posted 11 Nov 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 11 Nov 2014
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
marlhamphoto

Ah OK. So here we go:

You posted a deliberately inflamatory 'joke' and the people who were offended and enraged by it ranted about it on PP. The site owner didn't listen so it overflowed onto FB where the site owner then inflamed the situation further by his own activity there. Ultimately that resulted in the site owner removing the profiles of many of those people. Other people removed themselves because they didn't agree with how he dealt with it.

Does that sound like a fair outcome to you for those who had their profiles removed? Particularly since you admit your 'joke' was deliberately inflamatory but you remain on the site? Do you not think that there might have been a more reconciliatory and fair outcome to the whole thing?

No, the site owner did not go onto FB and discuss it, others did. Nor did I. 
Not deliberately inflammatory, just a biut controversial, however, this is this the last time I shall say this, it was written with along with other comments which explained that it was merely an exaample of the way some people speak, the type of jokes and comments that are going round.  Do you understand this bit?  It was NOT posted as  joke, it  WAS and axample and it WAS accompanied with other comments that said rape is vile, all in one post by me.  Do you UNDERSTAND that just the bit people wanted to quote was copied, NOT the rest, not the bit saying rape is VILE?  The oputcome was perfectly fair, people took it to FB and slagged the **** out of PP and the owner;  the reasons are irrelevant, they did it and got booted off.  Had they not dopmne that, they would still be mnembers now.  Actually, maybe not as a few were determined to casue trouble as often as they could.   I had several messages congratulating me for getting one or two booted off, but it wasn't me that did it, they did it themsleves, so  a perectly fair outcome, one has to be accountable for one's actions.  I had my suspension, I accepted it, no opoint in arguing. 

End of discussion as your trolling is pathetic and frankly, paints you in a poor light, as someone determined to provoke.  It ain't happening.   

Now go and play with your lego or make some RANCID or SHIT comments on people's photos, I bet you are good at that    

Exercise time and then rest for me, so you won't hear any more 

Posted 11 Nov 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mattharper

End of discussion as your trolling is pathetic and frankly, paints you in a poor light, as someone determined to provoke.  It ain't happening.

You know I thought there was a chance you were going to apologise to the people who got banned for your part in the whole thing. You'd already admitted the 'joke' was poor judgement by you which I thought was a good sign. But perhaps I was wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

As to whether or not the site owner acted fairly, or even impartially, I guess people will have to draw their own conclusions on that.
Posted 11 Nov 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 11 Nov 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
I think this thread has gone a long way from the original topic, and seems to be more about Matt Harper and what he did on PP. Who cares? I always saw him as a controversial character on PP (when I was a member) and usually just ignored his comments as an attempt to bait people into reacting. He is one of those people who will always argue the point, and it does become tiresome after a while.
Can we stop the bickering now? Please?

Posted 11 Nov 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it.

As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact.

The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a shit. There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own arsehole ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

Posted 11 Nov 2014
Amber6
Model
Amber6
profilepictures

Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it. As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact. The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a shit. There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own arsehole ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

I just want you to know, ProfilePictures - this is an awesome post.  Thank you.  Much respect to you.
Posted 11 Nov 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Going back to the OP, I have a fondness for PS, I booked my first model shoots through this site and with very few exceptions all the models I've booked via this site have been reliable. Yes, I've had a few replies to castings from folk who are geographically challenged or hadn't bothered to read the casting at all, but that happens anywhere.

The one major improvement I'd like to see is sorting out the search, someone has already mentioned making it postcode based, I 100% agree with that.

As for the rest of the thread, well its been mostly very sour chip-on-the shoulder stuff mixed in with a bit of trolling. Its a shame such folk seem to dominate the forums here these days.

Posted 11 Nov 2014
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
profilepictures

Well, it's too boring for me to restate what happened, but it's not quite as Harper would have it. As for people being removed, the truth is extreme feminism doesn't come into it. If you find the notion that a gang raped woman will be moist for the next rapist comical enough to offer up as a joke ( and no, a footnote about rape generally being vile isn't enough to offset that) then there's no reasoning with you. If an administrator thinks it's funny too, same story. If this being discussed out with the ( fee paid) site is a breach of some rule ( because after all it's not ok to criticise a service provider is it?) and renders a dismissal and failure to return fees paid prior to any written terms or conditions being altered, so be it. As for not being able to say that to your or any other persons face, do get a grip. It's a chatroom essentially, not a boxing ring. In either case a caricature of Benny Hill backed up by mini-me is of little impact. The good news is that perspective and real life events put forae and modelling sites eventually where they belong - somewhere to occasionally buy and sell second hand camera gear, maybe sort out a shoot, mostly mild amusement and light reading whilst waiting for a train, new set of tyres to be fitted or taking a shit. There are some gifted and pleasant people in all those environments ( though both qualities at once is much rarer) but mostly it's low grade pervs and wannabes who wouldn't know the difference between an interesting picture and their own arsehole ( often straining to combine the both anyway) so, naturally many good folk can't see the wood for the trees and leave long before there's a chance for change. Smoke blowers and fantasists form the vanguard of what remains.

It was not a footnote, in fact, the forenote and previous few posts  was the bulk of what I was saying, see my reply to Chrissie on the previous page.   It is too boring for you, is it?   I am sure people seeing this would be iinterested on your recollection of the thread.    

My memory is fine.  I say it is fine, but I can't remember why you were kicked off PP, I have a feeling it was something to do with a model friend of yours.  I seem to recall pictures floating around after you left on FB.    

Site rules don't really have to play a part, an owner of a site can remove who they want, regardless of rules.  Rules can't cover everything that is done or said, "choice" can though. 

Always interesting when having a dig around  

When can we see Issue 3 of Spunky Magazine? 

As far as your description of internet personalities is remarkably accurate  

Like your wedding site, nice. 
Posted 12 Nov 2014
Edited by mattharper 12 Nov 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Amber6

I just want you to know, ProfilePictures - this is an awesome post.  Thank you.  Much respect to you.

+1
He gets plenty of respect already though, no need to heap more on
Posted 12 Nov 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
cgwebster
Going back to the OP, I have a fondness for PS, I booked my first model shoots through this site and with very few exceptions all the models I've booked via this site have been reliable. Yes, I've had a few replies to castings from folk who are geographically challenged or hadn't bothered to read the casting at all, but that happens anywhere. The one major improvement I'd like to see is sorting out the search, someone has already mentioned making it postcode based, I 100% agree with that. As for the rest of the thread, well its been mostly very sour chip-on-the shoulder stuff mixed in with a bit of trolling. Its a shame such folk seem to dominate the forums here these days.
I agree with your post, though if you think the forums here are bad now, you should have seen them a couple of years ago. This site should have been called trollstorm, from trollsylvania on the Troll sea. Matt Harper seems to be doing his best to get it back where it was, I do wish he wouldn't........
Posted 12 Nov 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
swalsh58
I agree with your post, though if you think the forums here are bad now, you should have seen them a couple of years ago. This site should have been called trollstorm, from trollsylvania on the Troll sea. Matt Harper seems to be doing his best to get it back where it was, I do wish he wouldn't........
it wasn't Mr Harper I was referring to, sure he is more than a bit boorish, a natural for a part in "Life on Mars" should they re-cast but a troll? nah. The other aspect of the good old days was that some talented folk also used to share images, the likes of Silverlight and EMC to name a couple. I guess they got chased away by all the negativity, by the constant proclaiming that any positive comment is smoke blowing sycophancy for example. The extremes have gone now, the good and the bad, all that's left is the mediocre.
Posted 12 Nov 2014
MG
Photographer
MG
Wow, This has now got to twelve pages... must be a first in a while for a post here. I think you should all give ModelMaxim a chance... The recent images page is fantastic. Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well. The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better.
Posted 12 Nov 2014
TeddyB
Photographer
TeddyB
MG
Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well. The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better.
Well said, Matthew
Posted 13 Nov 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
MG
Wow, This has now got to twelve pages... must be a first in a while for a post here. I think you should all give ModelMaxim a chance... The recent images page is fantastic. Don't abandon Purestorm, just use it as well. The guy behind it has done an excellent job of the design and the more people that come across the better.
What is model maxim? I have googled it and all I get is Maxim the magazine or FHM. If I separate the words, it takes me to model mayhem. If its a new site, its not appearing in any of the search engines. This is also the first I have heard of it, so how many members has it got, and where are they all??
Posted 13 Nov 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join