Controversial Subject

Controversial Subject

It seems this conversation has now been locked
134 posts
27 July 2013
awomanatwork
Photographer
awomanatwork
The agency / agent should be outed and blacklisted ... name them !
However, there appears to be models who knowing the facts still work with this company .... why ?
I've thought a lot about this.
I'm a single parent and to be honest.... I would sleep with the devil and all his disciples (male and female) if it meant feeding and keeping a roof over my kids heads.
So in my opinion no model is to blame.
Its the temptation placed in front of models by this company and agency that is to blame.
Expose the agency / agent !

Posted 3 Aug 2013
Amber6
Model
Amber6
awomanatwork

The agency / agent should be outed and blacklisted ... name them ! However, there appears to be models who knowing the facts still work with this company .... why ? I've thought a lot about this. I'm a single parent and to be honest.... I would sleep with the devil and all his disciples (male and female) if it meant feeding and keeping a roof over my kids heads. So in my opinion no model is to blame. Its the temptation placed in front of models by this company and agency that is to blame. Expose the agency / agent !

Agree 100%
Posted 4 Aug 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
awomanatwork

The agency / agent should be outed and blacklisted ... name them !
However, there appears to be models who knowing the facts still work with this company .... why ?
I've thought a lot about this.
I'm a single parent and to be honest.... I would sleep with the devil and all his disciples (male and female) if it meant feeding and keeping a roof over my kids heads.
So in my opinion no model is to blame.
Its the temptation placed in front of models by this company and agency that is to blame.
Expose the agency / agent !

I have absolutely no problem outing a particular agency who send models to jobs where they know they will be assaulted by a particular individual and I believe one of the models contributing to my blog has named them on there. However, it is not appropriate or advisable to name an individual or company in this thread or the whole thread could be deleted.

Posted 4 Aug 2013
Edited by Love 4 Aug 2013
I have heard many stories about this company and I know a girl who was also raped by him.

What I don't understand is how this person has gotten away with it for so long without some girls boyfriend/husband/Dad/Brother going round there and sorting him out.

Posted 5 Aug 2013
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Jade_Samantha

I have heard many stories about this company and I know a girl who was also raped by him. What I don't understand is how this person has gotten away with it for so long without some girls boyfriend/husband/Dad/Brother going round there and sorting him out.

The problem is Jade that, as this post has shown, people who have suffered at his hands, for various reasons cannot or will not take action. If someone 'sorts him out', he will take them to court and win his case as there will be no evidence against him. For him to make hundreds (or even thousands if he was seriously hurt) of pounds off the back of such action would be even more frustrating!

My personal hope is that as a result of all this there are a couple of positive outcomes: firstly, more models are now aware of the situation and are less likely to put themselves in a vulnerable situation or secondly (even better) is that the guy is made aware of these posts and thinks "Sh*t, they're on to me - let's quit whilst I still can". Unfortunately in the real world neither will probably happen

Posted 5 Aug 2013
EdT
Photographer
EdT
SMILESPHOTO
My personal hope is that as a result of all this there are a couple of positive outcomes: firstly, more models are now aware of the situation and are less likely to put themselves in a vulnerable situation or secondly (even better) is that the guy is made aware of these posts and thinks "Sh*t, they're on to me - let's quit whilst I still can". Unfortunately in the real world neither will probably happen
His modus operandi seems to be to prey on inexperienced models so, unfortunately, there is always a new supply arriving who will never have read threads like this, The fact that he continues in spite of having served time doesn't fill me with the hope that he'll change his ways, so I think that your last sentiment will be the most likely outcome. Truly depressing.
Posted 6 Aug 2013
richardw
Photographer
richardw
How about the police looking at the blogs etc and being tipped off.
Surely there is enough evidence!
He should be behind bars!

Posted 7 Aug 2013
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
A blog by itself isn't evidence. Typing "such and such is a nonce" and pressing Post happens all over the internet daily.

Posted 7 Aug 2013
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnappe..

bump

Posted 9 Aug 2013
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
richardw
How about the police looking at the blogs etc and being tipped off. Surely there is enough evidence! He should be behind bars!
Evidence is something that needs to stand up in court. A few messages on a forum/blog is not enough. Yes, written evidence can still bare weight, but it needs people, statements, complaints, someone who will stand up and tell the police and a court what they went through. Without that its just hot air.
Posted 9 Aug 2013
laylarc
Model
laylarc
Just wanted to say - I am so impressed with how models are talking to each other, checking references & even posting personal experiences publically. That is how I heard about this person & his antics. I have shared the warnings with other models.

I'm also impressed with how *some* photographers are completely supportive of this network, which helps us avoid major and minor sexual predators. And a little disturbed at those that freak out & moan about it, like we're a bunch of evil witches cooking up stories for our own amusement.

Taking responsibility for own & others safety & reputation is a good thing, and it's long overdue. This guy is an extreme example, and I am glad that it is being discussed in a relatively public way.

Posted 10 Aug 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Just a little bump....

Posted 12 Aug 2013
paulbatterbury
Photographer
paulbatterbu..
I have just spent the last day or so play message tennis with a member on purestorm. This refers to my request on a thread about creating a list of websites, which model could approach work for http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=265607 Oddly they where very vague, and selective about who they worked for, but when I check ed their profile, there where work links to the person that is the main topic in this thread. I like the fact I get called strange, and then I blown a kiss. I find adding kisses at the end of an email very unprofessional and reading what this person has said, if I was a model, and if all i had on information was 'me' then alarm bells would ring. -----Original Message----- From: -------------------- Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:00 AM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet LOL you are a bit strange!! All the best x -----Original Message----- From: paulbatterbury Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:05 PM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet Well I have asked for websites, so I can not see how you can misunderstand that, you have contact me with claiming that you work for sites, yet you are very secretive on which sites these are. If you are freelance shooting for ADP or Twistys then there is no need to contact me as these sites are already added. It is the sites we are adding, not the photographers. -----Original Message----- From: ---------------- Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:49 PM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet I really dont know what you are asking for!!!? I know many photographers like myself who freelance for sites such as Twistys, APD etc. These companies use many togs to shoot for them - there is not ONE place that the girls are shot from... - are you asking for a list of sites that I shoot for?? -----Original Message----- From: paulbatterbury Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:12 PM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet I am Sorry, without the sites I can't add you, it’s not reputable photographers, I talking about website to which many like ADP nudes, Twistys and OT have very reputable photographs, clean areas to work in and payment systems. -----Original Message----- From: ---------------------- Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:27 PM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet I shoot for various sites, ranging in age and levels. I cover 18 - 65 year old models, from topless only, right up to adult levels. I thought you were simply devising a module to link up models with reputable photographers. These sites are "me" www.--------------.com www.--------------.com -----Original Message----- From: paulbatterbury Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:47 PM Subject: RE: your spreadsheet which websites do you have, and levels, as models will ask about the theme and level of a website. -----Original Message----- From: ------------------- Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:39 PM Subject: your spreadsheet Hi Paul Can I be listed? Female photographer, ex model, own my own studio hire/model agency business, freelance for several websites, always looking for new models....lots of fantastic references on my purestorm www.---------.com www.---------.com Based in -------- , UK.
Posted 15 Aug 2013
 As much as I would love to see this piece of shit locked up, I can totally appreciate why many girls are scared of going to the police.

Aside from the fear of not being believed, the process of reporting sexual abuse can be frightening and embarrassing. 

You are expected to use graphic language to describe the event(s). It really isn't enough to just say 'he touched me' or 'he raped me'. The laws surrounding sexual crimes are almost based on a points system. One act might be classed as 'indecent assault', another as 'gross indencency' etc. The specific sex act might not necessarily reflect the level of trauma the victim has suffered, but that isn't really relevant in the interview. They essnetially will want to know things like 'did he insert his fingers inside your vagina', 'what did you do to his penis' etc. 

Having to use this 'proper' terminology, combined with having to remember as much information as possible, with the added possibility of friends and family finding out... it isn't an easy process. That's not to say that whoever interviews you won't be sympathetic... but they've still got to ask very specific questions. In some cases, the worst stuff possibly won't be reported by the victim, as they will feel so disgusted and embarrassed that they will struggle to utter the words.

Sex crimes are very very different to other crimes in terms of the specific kind of trauma suffered by the victim but I'm not sure this is necessarily taken into account in a police interview. 
Posted 17 Aug 2013
screaming_images
Photographer
screaming_im..
and you wonder why some people scorn glamour photographers when there are sicko's like this, it gives us all a bad name and he should be behind bars, perhaps a few inmates wouldn't mind trying what he does on him.
sorry a bit eye for eye but my veiws

Posted 18 Aug 2013
It seems this conversation has now been locked