Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all...

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

It seems this conversation has now been locked
144 posts
23 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
smithmyster

Clearly you have not read my profile and just jizzed over the pictures.
I dont get other togs to set up my shoots.

Iv also worked in various areas of the industry and as a Chaperone on shoots for most of the big name Magazines including PLAYBOY & MAXIM, and the SUN newspaper. Buy the next months FHM & the current MAX POWER magazines.

i dont need to justify myself over the point

Clearly any photographer with issues with a model bringing a Chaperone has big issues themselves

Your an aggressive little ****wit aren't you? I have read your profile and I have certainly not jizzed on your pictures........I could hardly raise a smile over them let alone anything else.

Not sure what you mean by 'I don't get other togs to set up my shoots' - care to elaborate?
Posted 26 Sep 2009
Edited by regthecat 26 Sep 2009
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Yaaaawwwwnnnnnnn,

But I have learn't that the pop-up previewer leaves the expletive text intact. Hadn't noticed that before.
Posted 26 Sep 2009
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Models desire to being chaperones and photographers dislike of them is rooted in "fear of the unknown".

Experienced models are savvy enough to read photographers referenced and email models who have worked with them if they are unsure about a photographer.

Photographers, on the other hand, have no effective way of vetting a chaperone. They could be nice guy or an insanely jealous boyfriend who hates other people looking as his girl. If models could provide character references for their chaperones then perhaps photographers might feel more comfortable with them.

Occasionally photographers have bad experiences with a chaperone which puts then off them for life, so models need to understand than a photographers fear of chaperones is just as valid as their fear of not having one. The difference being that models can obviate their fear by selecting to work only with photographers with good references which they can verify, whereas photographers have not way of knowing what the chaperone is like.

I am sure that models would complain bitterly if they got bad references because a photographer didn't like their chaperone, but how else should a photographer warn other photographers about the downsides of working with a particular model with a dodgy chaperone in tow.

Posted 26 Sep 2009
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
i'm no pro & only shoot in a home studio but i think i have a valid reason for a no chaperone policy, that being, i have no room for one in the shooting room & i don't want a stranger somewhere in my house that i can not keep an eye on. if that makes me some kind of perv, please feel free to take a trip to my house & tell me face to face.

Posted 26 Sep 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
smithmyster

If a photographer cant direct a model with a chaperone then chances are they cant with out. Regardless, #e36c09;">its still no valid argument to refuse a chaperone. I am yet to read one

It's your lucky night then. Read one now. I don't have the room for one.

Dave.
Posted 26 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
smithmyster

Buy the next months FHM & the current MAX POWER magazines.

Why? is there someone you chaperoned in there?

Posted 26 Sep 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
smithmyster

I have not seen one reason on here why a model should not be able to take a chaperone to a shoot.

If any of those "Professional Photographers" on here that have Acutually worked "Professionaly" with in the industry (paid and publised through comissioned shoots (not readers wives or NUTS)) you will know that at the top level of the industry its not a issue. Feel free to dispute this if you know anything about working at the highest level of the industry

I presume you've never come across a "closed set" either in your Professional career?
Or restrictions regarding insurance cover for people on set?
Or just plain and simple Health & Safety.?

Dave. p.s. You did state you don't use the Forums often. Personally I'm quite relieved.
Posted 26 Sep 2009
TechnicalBoy
Photographer
TechnicalBoy
Is it me or are these chaperone threads like the living dead of photography forum threads? Whats the equivalent of shooting it in the head or burning it to make it die?

- I don't have room for extra people at a shoot
- the models focus needs to be on the photographer, not anyone else
- you have thousands of pounds of equipment lying around and you can't see what the charone is doing
- with some togs there is some chemistry between them and the model while shooting - chaperone can mess that up

You might not like the reasons, they may not affect you - they are real though. Chaperones can be someone really nice who helps out, or someone who doesn't want to be there and is a pain in the ass. Basically they are just another random person in the mix and its hard enough to get a shoot to function with all the people who have to be there without adding random extras who aren't critical to getting the job done.

Posted 26 Sep 2009
smithmyster
Photographer
smithmyster
regthecat

Why? is there someone you chaperoned in there?

Derrrrrrrrr, No my photos

deetvstudio

I presume you've never come across a "closed set" either in your Professional career?
Or restrictions regarding insurance cover for people on set?
Or just plain and simple Health & Safety.?

Dave. p.s. You did state you don't use the Forums often. Personally I'm quite relieved.

Oh i stand corrected then.
Hahahaha WHAT

Maybe incase they randomly explosed and damage a lense

This forum is laughable
Night loser virgin pervets, peace x
 :-P

Posted 26 Sep 2009
TechnicalBoy
Photographer
TechnicalBoy
smithmyster

Hahahaha WHAT

This forum is laughable

This is why you should never argue with idiots - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...
Posted 26 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
smithmyster

Oh - apologies. It's just that when you said you had worked at the highest levels in this industry I presumed you were telling the truth. emoticon

Turns out it's just Max Power and FHM......Tell me, were these commissioned shoots or just submissions of dolly birds?
Posted 26 Sep 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
smithmyster

Hahahaha WHAT

This forum is laughable

That explains a lot. The literacy levels on display above indicate you are either:
a). Drunk.
b). Stupid.
c). Under 12 years old.
Any (or all) of the above may be an excuse for your previous claims and statements.
Feel free to return when you are either sober, more intelligent, or older.

Dave.
Posted 26 Sep 2009
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
smithmyster

I have not seen one reason on here why a model should not be able to take a chaperone to a shoot.

Im pretty shocked by the sad attitude of some "Photographers" on this thread.  I never bother with the forum normal for this reason. What possible justification can a professional minded photographer have for not being able to agreed with a model wanting someone else with her on a photoshoot??

There is only one reason for a photographer refusing a chaperone, and thats because it would difuse there sad sexual power trip issues over a women.

No Model have ever needed a Chaperon on one of my shoot, but thats for them to find out and im not going refuse a request to bring one, and with some of the sad unprofessional attitudes of some of the (Self tittled) Professional Photographers on here it doesnt surprise me at all that female model might feel the need to want to feel safe.

If any of those "Professional Photographers" on here that have Acutually worked "Professionaly" with in the industry (paid and publised through comissioned shoots (not readers wives or NUTS)) you will know that at the top level of the industry its not a issue. Feel free to dispute this if you know anything about working at the highest level of the industry

Regards

Edd

Wow that wasa lot of typing, mind you it did have a lot of bollox in it ..

Posted 26 Sep 2009
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Harpy_images

Hahahahaha! 
Posted 26 Sep 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Harpy_images

Well he can now add the "knob-head of the night" award to his photoshop qualifications.
And "verbal manure distribution operative".
He almost made me swear earlier too.

Dave.
Posted 26 Sep 2009
It seems this conversation has now been locked