Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models...

Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models with clothes on?!

83 posts
12 Feb 2014
UKcolin
Photographer
UKcolin
Yes, is the simple reply,
Posted 9 Dec 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
UKcolin
Yes, is the simple reply,
Not that simple a reply, it took 10 months to think of it
Posted 12 Dec 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
EdT

Not that simple a reply, it took 10 months to think of it

No it didn't. It only took 43 minutes.
Look again at page 1.
Bob

Posted 12 Dec 2014
Brian_Brown
Photographer
Brian_Brown
I shoot a lot of models who are clothed - but - you have to have a great face, and be able to give different types of look, you have to be able to move and bend to create shape. Some models can also do glamour and art nude, etc. which may give more variety for the photographer. If you are a model - you have to be confident, and just try and work with the better photographers as they will create some better images for your folio.
Posted 16 Dec 2014
MikeBee
Photographer
MikeBee
Well of course there are photographers who like to shoot many models with their clothes on. We have many that like to shoot models with only a small amount of clothes on and those who like to shoot models without any clothes on and that's fact.

Going back to the original post as you have asked 'who wants' and for a clear answer it has to be a yes from me. However could that infer I would never like to shoot models nude?

If we shoots nudes we have to remind ourselves it's art for art's sake and no more and if we don't it's most likely only just to fill an ego, anything else other than those I would hate to say....Should the forum post asked 'why do we shoot nudes' but then if we did would we have honest answers..?

Posted 16 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
If you'd said 'pretty face' rather than 'great face' I'd have disagreed. After all many [most?] fashion models aren't 'pretty' in the regular sense

Although personally I'd rather have a 'great face' than a 'pretty face' whatever the genre.
Posted 16 Dec 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 16 Dec 2014
MikeBee
Photographer
MikeBee
marlhamphoto
If you'd said 'pretty face' rather than 'great face' I'd have disagreed. After all many [most?] fashion models aren't 'pretty' in the regular sense Although personally I'd rather have a 'great face' than a 'pretty face' whatever the genre.
Did I read it right being in so many words... 'If you have a great face I 'll shoot you with your clothes on and you have to be able to bend and move.. if not ...well I'm not sure but I suppose it's an answer.
Posted 16 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
MikeBee

Did I read it right...

Dunno.

But I'm personally drawn towards faces, regardless of what the model is (or isn't) wearing. But not archetypical 'pretty' faces. I like a bit of character in a face even if it's a little rough around the edges.
Posted 16 Dec 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 16 Dec 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join