GOODBYE BENN

66 posts
16 March 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Andy_B
So you're perfectly happy banging on about what it's like to live in Russia and Israel, even though you've never lived there... And yet someone born and raised in the UK, who happens to have gone to a school you don't like isn't capable of having a valid opinion on life in the UK.  Makes sense! 
Oh come on you fascist pig - obviously all the people who went to public school are stupid.
Posted 23 March 2014
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
Andy_B

So you're perfectly happy banging on about what it's like to live in Russia and Israel, even though you've never lived there...

And yet someone born and raised in the UK, who happens to have gone to a school you don't like isn't capable of having a valid opinion on life in the UK. 

Makes sense! cheeky

You obviously struggle with your reading skills, because if you look I said I had lived in Israel and I did not mention one word about what it is like to live in Israel.

And your second sentence is quite unrelated to what I wrote as well. Did you not bother to read it?

Or are you just on here for a troll?
Posted 23 March 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
carshaltonkev

Still it is good news that we have a bunch of former Eton schoolboys running the country in the UK, looking after the interests of the average man and woman.

Andy_B

And yet someone born and raised in the UK, who happens to have gone to a school you don't like isn't capable of having a valid opinion on life in the UK. 

carshaltonkev

And your second sentence is quite unrelated to what I wrote as well. Did you not bother to read it?

Hardly unrelated!
Posted 24 March 2014
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
Apologies mph. Maybe I should have been less sloppy in my reply. Forgive me, it is late.

Where did I say or even hint that they (the ruling elite) are not allowed a valid opinion of life in the UK? They have more than a valid opinion, this is a group of people who are actually running the country.

How can I have a sensible discussion with somebody who is critical of things I never even wrote? It's simply daft!

I have been trying to have a sensible politcal discussion, but Purestorm is quite obviously not the place for it. I have learned in the past that it is not even the place for a sensible discussion on photography. I'm sure if I tried to discuss photpgraphy, you (and other sad men on here) would be only too keen to shoot me down in flames. All very sad. The forums could be very useful. But hey.

Posted 24 March 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
carshaltonkev

Where did I say or even hint that they (the ruling elite) are not allowed a valid opinion of life in the UK?

Contrary to your typically left-wing brainwashed ideas about how the other half live, not everyone who believes in right-wing values was born with a silver spoon in their mouths and many are far from being 'the ruling elite' as you call them.
Posted 24 March 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]carshaltonkev[/author] Apologies mph. Maybe I should have been less sloppy in my reply. Forgive me, it is late. Where did I say or even hint that they (the ruling elite) are not allowed a valid opinion of life in the UK? They have more than a valid opinion, this is a group of people who are actually running the country. How can I have a sensible discussion with somebody who is critical of things I never even wrote? It's simply daft! I have been trying to have a sensible politcal discussion, but Purestorm is quite obviously not the place for it. I have learned in the past that it is not even the place for a sensible discussion on photography. I'm sure if I tried to discuss photpgraphy, you (and other sad men on here) would be only too keen to shoot me down in flames. All very sad. The forums could be very useful. But hey. [/qt] You are suggesting that because someone went to an excellent school that they are inappropriate to run the country. This comment: Still it is good news that we have a bunch of former Eton schoolboys running the country in the UK, looking after the interests of the average man and woman. can only be taken that way - and therefore implies that they do not have a valid opinion. To pretend you meant otherwise is disingenuous to say the least! And to suggest that people who have contrasting views are "sad" is to my mind the personification of sadness! Certainly were you to criticise my photography on the basis of where I went to school you would rightly expose yourself to ridicule! Still, if you feel you are not capable of getting useful photographic advice from forum members..........
Posted 24 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join