Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all...

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

It seems this conversation has now been locked
144 posts
23 Sep 2009
RobertBetts
Photographer
RobertBetts
xVicky_Dx - "Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do" So does the RAC but I wouldnt want you to bring them either!!
Posted 23 Sep 2009
Guzzik
Photographer
Guzzik
I have a CD come to me every now and then for pics. He brings his missus with him...........(shrugs)

Posted 23 Sep 2009
RobertBetts
Photographer
RobertBetts
Guzzik haha only you can comeback with sometihng like that
Posted 23 Sep 2009
to be fair Jes my head gaskett blew if it was a simple overheat then yea its not hard to know what to do... I have degree's in many things mechanics not being one of them

Naivity does not come into it, its just a matter of opinion which you will find is probably split 50-50. Some agree some dont.

Posted 23 Sep 2009
RobertBetts
Photographer
RobertBetts
Wow your mum can change a head gasket - What a good woman
Posted 23 Sep 2009
RobertBetts

xVicky_Dx - "Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do" So does the RAC but I wouldnt want you to bring them either!!

What happens if your not covered by the RAC ? can i bring the shop keeper guy who helped me out too ? lol Jokes just trying to be abit light hearted about the situation x
Posted 23 Sep 2009
jes
Model
jes
xVicky_Dx

to be fair Jes my head gaskett blew if it was a simple overheat then yea its not hard to know what to do... I have degree's in many things mechanics not being one of them Naivity does not come into it, its just a matter of opinion which you will find is probably split 50-50. Some agree some dont.

Fair enough, point taken..no offence meant!  I'd love to know how your mum fixed a head gaskett.  She's like Supermum!  You could hire her out as a chaperone to others, lol!
Posted 23 Sep 2009
RobertBetts
Photographer
RobertBetts
xVicky_Dx - Im only teasing you although would be handy to have a mum that could do that - Its one of the things you have to learn to work in this industry - one is have a reliable car and two have breakdown cover. If you cant get to a shoot, then you're not going to get paid for it and also get a bad name quickly.
Always have the clients details to keep them informed and always do your utmost to get to the shoot - no one will bad mouth you for trying

~Anyway Im going of the thread now, but a chaperone isnt the ideal answer for 99% of things that can happen during any part of a shoot

Posted 23 Sep 2009
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Harpy_images

Nope, he didnt, should I be dissapointed now

Though I did placate him with numerous cups of tea..

phew! that was lucky!

obviously doesn't own a camera then!!
Posted 23 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse
Harpy_images

Oh Noes. I had a plumber come around the house today and I was all on my own in the house with him.

Poor lad.  I bet he didn't know what hit him 

Posted 23 Sep 2009
I have worked with a model who brought her boyfriend along, he was a nice chap and stayed in the car during the location shoot. I didn't have a problem with this but having read some other togs experiences i think i won't risk it again!

from reading some of these posts i reckon the only thing left to do is to go around in groups of three or more people from now on!! the world just doesn't seem safe anymore!!! 

I'm scared!
Posted 23 Sep 2009
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer
Glossypinklipstick
Badger

I think that there is a slight difference between the checkout at Tescos, and a young model in her underwear, on her own with just a tog in a studio.

I hav no problems whatsoever with chaperones.

Trevor

Me neither
Posted 25 Sep 2009
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
I am going to link this as not only did it make me laugh but I think its related to the subject at hand..
#last" class="ApplyClass">http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=506151&page=1#last

Posted 25 Sep 2009
Edited by Harpy_images 25 Sep 2009
Harpy_images
I am going to link this as not only did it make me laugh but I think its related to the subject at hand.. http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=506151&page=1#last
Hahahaha absolutely brilliant!! made me cry laughing
Posted 25 Sep 2009
bfsoab
Photographer
bfsoab
Harpy_images

I am going to link this as not only did it make me laugh but I think its related to the subject at hand..
#last" class="ApplyClass">http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=506151&page=1#last

That is brilliant 
Posted 25 Sep 2009
It seems this conversation has now been locked