All I hear about PS is negative........

All I hear about PS is negative........

208 posts
26 July 2014
davajones
Photographer
davajones
Can anyone point me to the 'wall of shame' that has been mentioned on here. Also does it only list people who have been banned from this site, or does it include people who have been banned on other sites, and have then registered and been approved by this site.

Posted 29 July 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
It's currently about two thirds down the list of forum threads on the home page. It lists only cereal offenders, otherwise known as cheerios.

The facebook issue has been comprehensively documented in a dozen threads about safety. It may seem old-fashioned to keep messaging strictly on site but so is writing down observations in a book and presenting it as evidence in court. If a site assumes any kind of pastoral care, why would it embrace the biggest area of grey ever devised?

Posted 29 July 2014
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
stolenfaces
Using Facebook as a hub is not for anyone serious.
I probably have about 100 serious photographers and models round the world among my Facebook friends list. Certainly it's the first method of communication for casual chat, and for sharing pictures.
Posted 30 July 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
stolenfaces
Why don't they just use Facebook then ? The more professional models will (and do) have a personal website as a hub to all their activities (and can be linked to here). Using Facebook as a hub is not for anyone serious. It is quite easy to get someone's Facebook account suspended if you have a malicious rival so it doesn't make any sense to make it your hub site if you are a serious model. Obviously it is ideal for 'models' who don't take anything seriously and don't want to pay for anything.
I don't think you understand facebook. It can be a very powerful business tool. We get a lot of our business (software/manufacturing) that way.
Posted 30 July 2014
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
w4pictures

The facebook issue has been comprehensively documented in a dozen threads about safety.
Moderators have tried to explain for quite some time that there are very specific problems
of mostly (but not exclusively) a Model Safety nature which arise over social networking links
being displayed on the publicly visible areas of this website but some members are unprepared
to accept that the only reason for not allowing such links is to prevent these problems surfacing.

Moderators and Management have discussed this issue many times over the last five or six years
and the bottom line taken by the Moderators has been that their consciences will not allow them
to turn a blind eye to the sometimes very serious problems* that some of our members face.

* We do not really want to go into precise details of what these problems are in open forum as the last thing we need is a plague of copycats.
Premium members can read more here 
Posted 30 July 2014
Edited by Jacqui 30 July 2014
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
GemH

VIVA LA PURESTORM!

That didn't last long.  Gone.

Posted 30 July 2014
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
When I see a discussion about women bishops in the forums, I can't think of a greater turnoff.
I'm sorry but who gives a ****, surely only potential women bishops, certainly not photographers or models, definitely not me.

Posted 30 July 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
CBPhotography

When I see a discussion about women bishops in the forums, I can't think of a greater turnoff.
I'm sorry but who gives a ****, surely only potential women bishops, certainly not photographers or models, definitely not me.

I'd rather see talk about women bishops by members than quasi-management/inner-circle members of a site make vulgar 'jokes' about gang rape and get a sizeable number of people booted for complaining (when said jokes are approved by management).
Posted 30 July 2014
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
RedChecker

I'd rather see talk about women bishops by members than quasi-management/inner-circle members of a site make vulgar 'jokes' about gang rape and get a sizeable number of people booted for complaining (when said jokes are approved by management).

So neither one is the way to go for a portfolio hosting site, I think we agree on that point.
Posted 30 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
CBPhotography

I can understand why it's a subject that won't be of interest to many people and it's clearly not relevant to model photography hence it's in the off topic forum.

But I don't understand why that particular thread should be a greater turnoff than any other - either in off topic or elsewhere.

I haven't read the thread so maybe it's what people have said in it which is the problem rather than the subject itself?
Posted 30 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
johnlp

That didn't last long.  Gone.

Her retirement from modelling at the end of July has been well publicised. She has also deactivated elsewhere so I wouldn't read too much into it.
Posted 30 July 2014
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
marlhamphoto

Her retirement from modelling at the end of July has been well publicised. She has also deactivated elsewhere so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Fair enough.  I'm glad there's such a clear explanation.  Ta.

Posted 30 July 2014
scubie
Photographer
scubie
It seems a pity if it is that much in decline as from a quick look there seem to be a slightly higher class of models on here! There are some awful pictures, IMO, as fpi's on PP. I could of course be wrong lol

Posted 30 July 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]CBPhotography[/author] When I see a discussion about women bishops in the forums, I can't think of a greater turnoff. I'm sorry but who gives a ****, surely only potential women bishops, certainly not photographers or models, definitely not me. [/qt] [qt][author]marlhamphoto[/author] I can understand why it's a subject that won't be of interest to many people and it's clearly not relevant to model photography hence it's in the off topic forum. [/qt] Quite! Perhaps he could explain what is off topic - but of interest to photographers and models - who presumably are not normal people?
Posted 30 July 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
w4pictures

............. It lists only cereal offenders, otherwise known as cheerios.

cheeky
Posted 30 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join