How do I downgrade my account?

How do I downgrade my account?

51 posts
8 May 2014
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
Hello other site
people! nice to see you are all watching us! for those models wondering where i am, i salute you, you know where to find me! Good to see standards being maintained, send my love to Mr kelly!

Posted 15 May 2014
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
has anybody noticed that apart from Jessicard who started this thread and SuzyMonty , its only been photographers who have replied to this thread.
I guess all the models on this site are to busy with shoots.

Posted 17 May 2014
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS

has anybody noticed that apart from Jessicard who started this thread and SuzyMonty , its only been photographers who have replied to this thread. I guess all the models on this site are to busy with shoots.

Since going to a Freebie account - whereby one gets TEN images available, I've since noticed quite a few top models on here only have free accounts - namely because their  good modelling name and many excellent reviews speak for themselves.

Good reviews usually equals plenty of more shoots...and within ten images, one can encapsulate basically what a photographer is looking for...i.e. knows how to pose, photogenic, good figure etc.,

However, If I was a photographer I think I would still have a Platinum Account to show as many different styles and models that had worked with, as possible.

A professional model agency after all, usually  has basic photographs of any given model, to show full length and headshot plus profile pictures of models on their books to entice bookings.

A professional model doing the casting rounds, usually has a basic 12 picture portfolio to show clients, showing up-todate images.

Some Photographers or photographic studios have portfolio images going back years to prove what they are capable of, with lighting and different genres etc., Multi images.

And generally a photographer's professional life is longer than that of a model.

So perhaps a model doesn't actually need a huge profile. As long as their basic images are up-todate and representative of their capabilities in modelling, that's all that matters?

Whereas a photographer has to capture on image, all the models ( with many varied looks)  all of the time...

Purestorm is still my favourite modelling site.

Posted 18 May 2014
Edited by SuzyMonty 18 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
In my experience, as a photographer obviously, the thing most likely to generate interest from models is the simple act of posting images. Either if I post them myself or if the model does. It works even with a small portfolio. If you want plenty of interest post often. Just having a large portfolio, of itself, does nothing.

Facebook is particularly good at generating interest although it can be a double-edged sword. At times I deliberately hold back posting stuff because I simply can't do everything I get approached for.
Posted 18 May 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 18 May 2014
marlhamphoto

In my experience, as a photographer obviously, the thing most likely to generate interest from models is the simple act of posting images. Either if I post them myself or if the model does. It works even with a small portfolio. If you want plenty of interest post often. Just having a large portfolio, of itself, does nothing.

Facebook is particularly good at generating interest although it can be a double-edged sword. At times I deliberately hold back posting stuff because I simply can't do everything I get approached for.

sadHee! Hee! You just answered my next question - which was how MANY images do people need to see on a profile, before they decide to work with them...It seems a small port will work as well as a huge one...it's quality surely, not quantity that counts - plus keeping the port fresh and up-todate.
I came off FB - too many GWC 's...Happy to work with amateurs as well as pro's , but some of the weirdo's on there...Plus FB is addictive and can be a time-waster...
With Purestorm, everything is well monitored. Plus I prefer the review system.

Posted 18 May 2014
stevegosh
Photographer
stevegosh
The other sites forums are becoming like facebook - lets play a game etc etc

Posted 18 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join