You wouldn't believe how much I HATE.....

You wouldn't believe how much I HATE.....

53 posts
19 Jan 2014
Cody
Model
Cody
Same here. I got rid of the apps on desktop too
Posted 24 Jan 2014
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Is the update to 8.1 free from 8? I also hate window 8.

Posted 25 Jan 2014
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
paulford

Is the update to 8.1 free from 8? I also hate window 8.

Yes, make sure your system is up to date with all patches, then go to the App store. It should be the first thing you see there to download.

You can also access it here on Win 8:

ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade

Posted 25 Jan 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
I was fool enough to buy a HP Pavilion big notebook. Windows 8 and NOT A TOUCH SCREEN. £400+ wasted, down the pan! Totally unimpressed with HP, PC World, Windows, the whole boiling of them. Gone to an Ipad Air reluctantly.
No one said Windows 8 NEEDS a touchscreen, just took my money.

Posted 24 Feb 2014
CCP
Photographer
CCP
I'm only just getting used to Windows 8, but in the same way as you would get used to having bad rash, or some other affliction.

Posted 24 Feb 2014
Edited by CCP 24 Feb 2014
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
Just to put the other side to this thread. I have upgraded to a new computer a few weeks ago and I kept an open mind to windows 8+1. At first I was not that keen but now I cannot see any problems with it and sadly I am starting to get comfortable with it.

It is a problem with technology that things move on so we have just got to learn to move on an get used to it. Keep an open mind and give it a chance.

Posted 24 Feb 2014
digimarx
Photographer
digimarx
CCP
Windows 8.  It's gonna be a Mac next time.  I've got steam shooting out of my  ears! 
I kind of like it, I know it can be frustrating because it's a complete re-write on Windows 7. I have a Windows 8 laptop and quite love it
Posted 1 March 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
RupertRudd

No one said Windows 8 NEEDS a touchscreen, just took my money.

Bc it doesnt.

Posted 5 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join