Mornington Crescent

Mornington Crescent

134 posts
2 Dec 2007
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
Sorry, I'm going to have to South Kenton that and with a Grand Double on Embankment , King's Cross St. Pancras is "Hors de combat" unless someone can offer a Ravenscourt Park to Monument "En Passant".

Posted 25 April 2008

I believe my Bank covers your Monument, and I can show you a Wanstead/Woodford loop.  Oldfashioned, I know, but effective.

Posted 25 April 2008
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
Ha! I can't believe you fell for that!  I play a Dollis Hill "En Crouette" and with that, unless your willing to sacrifice the entire Northern Line, you will have to go to West Ruislip , forfeit your next third move and take a "Chartreuse Penalty"  each time you pass through Earl's Court.

Posted 25 April 2008
gazl
Photographer
gazl
Mornington Crescent!!  Bye Humph
Posted 26 April 2008
Wom_image
Photographer
Wom_image
gazl

Aha you forgot the Isembard principal therefore:

Hyde Park!
Posted 27 April 2008
mrgoose
Photographer
mrgoose
gazl

Indeed, alas poor old Humphrey Littleton is no more:-
http:/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7367385.stm

RIP, best wishes, G.
Posted 27 April 2008
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
In preparation for this sad day Samantha has been going to embalming classes, apparently she can't wait to get her hands on the big old stiff one last time.

Thanks Humph.
Posted 28 April 2008
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
In Memory of Mr Lyttleton may I declare him the posthumous winner and call this match to a halt. If it wasn't for him I would never have learned the 'Dumfrys Shuffle' and the 'Quantum flux' - two moves that helped me come 33rd in the North Evesham Cubs and Brownies 'Centenery Quimp' in April last Year.

RIP Humph and Gawd bless ya!
Posted 28 April 2008
Edited by regthecat 29 April 2008
marshon
Photographer
marshon
Thank you all so very much for taking part in this little excercise.
You have restored my faith in the barmy, silly and happy nature that is the TRUE heart of this island nation.

You made a middle aged man very happy .... oh how I laughed

I believe the correct ending for this game should always be The Aldwitch
Posted 20 June 2008
Jon_P
Photographer
Jon_P
Damn, just as I was about to play my Mill Hill East!

Posted 25 June 2008
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
Time to restart this thread. Who wants to go first?
Posted 6 Sep 2008
marshon
Photographer
marshon
Lysander

Time to restart this thread. Who wants to go first?

If you are proposing that we now adopt the East Prussian rules, of which, long practitioners would know.
In 1899 the German Baron, Helmut Von Wrinkledtoger, puportedly played Edware to great effect, however, I myself would always prefer the Fokker Variation .... ergo;

Cockfosters

Posted 19 Oct 2008
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
An interesting opening move but times have changed and if your not careful you could easily get Scheimphlugged!!!

My response is Heathrow.
Posted 19 Oct 2008
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
Sorry I have missed this game for some time, it's a shame as I had my Hampton Court.

And that would have been a fine move to play after Heathrow as we all know.

However given due consideration to the rules, to the day and to the enduring legacy of Barbara Cartland, I should like to play along Old Compton Street.
Posted 19 Oct 2008
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
An interesting move, if a little off-track, [but that's East Prussian rules for you!], just take care not to get caught out in Burlington Arcade as Otto Von Bismark once did.

I shall play Earl's Court. No doubt, you'll recognise that as being the classic 'Heimlich Manouvre' as played by Baron Von Richthoven, but it will be interesting to see if you can come up with the 'Goldberg Variation' response as played by Max Bialistock at the Brest Litovsk Biennialle in 1926.
Posted 20 Oct 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join