Models beauty secrets...

Models beauty secrets...

66 posts
24 Jan 2012
lashestolockes
Make Up Artist
lashestolock..
Not permanent but Benefit, Pore-fessional is great. I have large pores on my T zone and this product does wonders
it goes on like a thick tinted moisturiser so can be used on it's own as it evens out skin tone or us it under foundation 
xx
Posted 26 April 2012
thank you, I'll have a look next time I'm shopping
Posted 26 April 2012
The worst thing I got told? John Farrar when I was working with him said to me - 'One of the models I work with who is an mua just totally shaves her eyebrows off and then she can draw them in however she wants.... I think that's a GREAT idea...!!!!!!!' Argh!!!!! Great recommendation for shaving rash in the lady area.... shave before bed and put Sudocrem on. I learnt this tip as a dancer getting horrific shaving rashes from leotards rubbing etc, and honestly it works, when you wash it off the skin is smooth and irritation free
Posted 26 April 2012
Brightonian
Photographer
Brightonian
misty_model

The worst thing I got told? John Farrar when I was working with him said to me - 'One of the models I work with who is an mua just totally shaves her eyebrows off and then she can draw them in however she wants.... I think that's a GREAT idea...!!!!!!!'

Over the years I have seen so many MUA's trying to block out eyebrows so they can redraw them where they want them

Sadly it doesn't usually work and it then falls to the photographer to sort it all out in post production

Removing eyebrows before a creative shoot is done by quite a few models I have worked with as they know it makes the MUA's job a lot easier and the final images far more polished

The MUA/Model misty-model is refering to was voted MUA of the Year 1010 and took the Bronze award for 2011 on a very well known international modelling and photography website so I think she might know a litlle about this business

I'm amazed that misty_model thinks it's the worst thing she has ever been told - ah well

Posted 28 April 2012
Brightonian

Over the years I have seen so many MUA's trying to block out eyebrows so they can redraw them where they want them

Sadly it doesn't usually work and it then falls to the photographer to sort it all out in post production

Removing eyebrows before a creative shoot is done by quite a few models I have worked with as they know it makes the MUA's job a lot easier and the final images far more polished

The MUA/Model misty-model is refering to was voted MUA of the Year 1010 and took the Bronze award for 2011 on a very well known international modelling and photography website so I think she might know a litlle about this business

I'm amazed that misty_model thinks it's the worst thing she has ever been told - ah well

What as in no eyebrows at all?
I don't think I would fancy that, its much nicer to see eyebrow hair detail in images rather than drawn on lines but each to their own..
If anyone tried to shave mine off before a shoot I would tell them to get stuffed
Posted 29 April 2012
The trouble with eyebrows is that if they're shaved off, or plucked wrong then (from what I've read), they never grow back properly again. So they won't look natural.
It's ok for the duration of a model's career but if she chose to do something else she'd either have to keep shaving and redrawing, or maybe end up with odd-looking eyebrows. 
Posted 1 May 2012
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
There really is no need to shave anyones eyebrows, there is an amazing product & teqnique that completely covers them and you cant tell. But if I told you all about it, I'd have to kill you
Posted 2 May 2012
I use anti-wrinkle cream; have done since I was 17
Posted 2 May 2012
I've cleansed, toned and moisturised religiously since I was 13. A MUA told me it might be one of the reasons I don't look my age. 
I also think it's helped by having lots of sleep, as since having my son I have started to notice signs of age appearing.  (he's worth it though smiley)
Posted 2 May 2012
Cinddy_
Model
Cinddy_
I have a long bath before shaving,it makes the skin softer and use Dove beauty bath. I use moisturizer after shaving and never have rashes. Paraffin-free clay mask for face and cold cucumber slices for eyes. Beauty sleep before shoot and a healthy diet with lots of salads and fruits. My grandma knew lots of natural remedies,a slice of tomato fixed with a plaster on the spot actually worked for me.

Posted 2 May 2012
i accidently used nail vanish remover as mouthwash, and i threw my guts up for hours.......i no longer keep it in the bathroom lol but one of my tips: is a glass of wine added to the bath. it makes the skin softer oh and to reduce the baggy circles under my eyes i use hemorrhoid cream. It contains ingredients, which make skin tighter, although it works only short-term. Used in the regular way would probably work longer.
Posted 2 May 2012
Cody
Model
Cody
I would never shave my eyebrows off!

Posted 3 May 2012
Violet_Ecstasy

The trouble with eyebrows is that if they're shaved off, or plucked wrong then (from what I've read), they never grow back properly again. So they won't look natural.
It's ok for the duration of a model's career but if she chose to do something else she'd either have to keep shaving and redrawing, or maybe end up with odd-looking eyebrows. 

Exactly.  There is NO NEED to shave your eyebrows off. They will never grow back propely and as recommendation for a beauty tip, this IS one of the worst things I've ever heard (not in general life, as insinuated to try and belittle me, thanks for that!). I have personally NEVER met an experienced MUA or model who would recommend this as a good idea!!!!!

Yes, it might be a 'great' idea in a photographer's eyes for easily producing an image where you want to re-draw the eyebrows, where the MUA does not have the experience to quickly and easily block them out with other means (which I will add really isn't a difficult task, I've been doing it for years, but probably comes with theatrical and media training rather than 'self taught' or just beauty MUA's) but for natural beauty jobs and, erm, the rest of your life, it is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE idea.

And as I have a degree is Media Make Up Artistry (1st Class), 7 years experience, and have worked for Estee Lauder, MAC, Lime Pictures, the BBC, on feature films, fashion shows, published work etc etc, I also think I might just have a leg to stand on for knowing 'what I'm talking about' as well, even if I don't have a 'website award' !!!cheeky 
Posted 3 May 2012
misty_model

Exactly.  There is NO NEED to shave your eyebrows off. They will never grow back propely and as recommendation for a beauty tip, this IS one of the worst things I've ever heard (not in general life, as insinuated to try and belittle me, thanks for that!). I have personally NEVER met an experienced MUA or model who would recommend this as a good idea!!!!!

Yes, it might be a 'great' idea in a photographer's eyes for easily producing an image where you want to re-draw the eyebrows, where the MUA does not have the experience to quickly and easily block them out with other means (which I will add really isn't a difficult task, I've been doing it for years, but probably comes with theatrical and media training rather than 'self taught' or just beauty MUA's) but for natural beauty jobs and, erm, the rest of your life, it is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE idea.

And as I have a degree is Media Make Up Artistry (1st Class), 7 years experience, and have worked for Estee Lauder, MAC, Lime Pictures, the BBC, on feature films, fashion shows, published work etc etc, I also think I might just have a leg to stand on for knowing 'what I'm talking about' as well, even if I don't have a 'website award' !!!cheeky 

I've worked with very few MUA's maybe only 10 or 11 but at least 7 of them have noted my eyebrows and complimented me on them. I used to tweezer them but because they are so light they rarely showed up in images. I left them to grow and worked with an MUA who proper brought them out, now I do that for every shoot and I can change the shape slightly without too much hard work on my part. Eyebrows are awesome - models don't ever shave them off just for one shoot its not worth it.
Posted 3 May 2012
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Thin drawn on eyebrows have never been in fashion! Full natural but grromed looking eyebrows is what I love to see on a model. I choose my portfolio models based on thier eyebrows.
Posted 3 May 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join