River meets Nick Giles...

River meets Nick Giles...

91 posts
28 Sep 2011
fizzy
Model
fizzy
You look very beautiful in all of them and you could use the first and last anyway as they're more fashion than implied nude. I wouldn't put the implied ones up for the reasons you mentioned and because some people seem to think that if you've upped your levels once, you won't mind upping them again and that it doesn't really matter if they take something they shouldn't because of that. Save yourself the hassle.

Posted 28 Sep 2011
EdT
Photographer
EdT
I love them all. If I had to choose it would be 1 and 4.

Well done.

Posted 29 Sep 2011
River
Model
River
Thankyou everyone for your comments Really appriciate them!
Posted 29 Sep 2011
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Not sure about these river. There is a mismatch in styles. Wearing a helmet topless is ether a cheeky fun glamour image or a dark sexy narrative shot.

Your expression is more beauty in these and it doesn't really work for me.

I think they would be better shot again with clothes and do an implied shot again in context.

I think the last 2 would work much better without the large pink jem that jars the colour balance.

Of all the shots the last works best for me personally

Posted 29 Sep 2011
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianSco..
River
Thankyou everyone for your comments Really appriciate them!
I'm not talking to you..you look beautiful! Like Wayne said a bit mismatched. But you could wear a tea towl and I'd dig it. I'm friends with Nick though and have never seen evidence of him and serena working together. I don't think he would. However..I would like to shoot some Behind the scenes of that shoot
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Edited by ChristianScott 29 Sep 2011
ChristianScott

I'm not talking to you..you look beautiful though. I'm friends with Nick though and have never seen evidence of him and serena working together. I don't think he would. However..I would like to shoot some Behind the scenes of that shoot

Thats because Serena is talking out of her arse, Nick has never worked with her..
I have a feeling she is maybe not his type - to old and smiley.
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Bob
Photographer
Bob
ChristianScott

... have never seen evidence of him and serena working together. I don't think he would.

Last night the Beast of Warrington offered me £1000 if I can unearth a genuine art-nude photograph which he has taken of the lady as he is pretty convinced, even though from time to time alcohol dulls his senses, that he has never shot her himself - though he does remember Mr Stanford borrowing one of his lenses to shoot her when the couple visited his residence.

As a monkey would buy me enough Tempranillo to last through most of next month I'd be willing to go halves on that grand if anyone can supply one of said art-nude images of the lady which we can pin on the Beast. PM me.

Bob

Posted 29 Sep 2011
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianSco..
Photoshop is booting up as we speak :-D
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Button
Model
Button
Great shots River. Re Serena: *shakes head*.... Dear dear.
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Why Serena would lie is really beyond me?

On the subject of the pictures- River you look STUNNING but I don't see the point on putting images up of levels that you no longer do. The mask shots I think are the weakest as to much of you is hidden.
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Edited by matt 29 Sep 2011
ciaran
Photographer
ciaran
PyrettaBlaze

Why Serena would lie is really beyond me?

And yet.. she hasn't replied or shown the pictures
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Edited by matt 29 Sep 2011
Serena
Model
Serena
Chrissie_Red

Thats because Serena is talking out of her arse, Nick has never worked with her..
I have a feeling she is maybe not his type - to old and smiley.

Hi everyone.  Had a pm from a lady who said people were unsure about me working with Nick. 

It was about 4 years ago and I went along to his house in Warrington and we had a lovely impromptu shoot and he did some lovely art-nude pictures of me sitting with a lamp in his living room.  My husband came along too (he's a photographer on here too) and along with Nick and a friend of Nick's we had a really nice evening.  I've just been hunting around on my computer for the images but because they are 4 years old I am having a problem finding them after all this time.  They were really lovely poses and I would have loved to have done another lengthy shoot with him but he never offered.  I think, as someone has mentioned, he tends not to work with mature models but I did enjoy seeing the results of his pictures and I think - at that time - he could have got some brill pictures if I'd had another shoot at a later date.

I still believe his work was at its best during the 'grain barn' period - that isn't a character assassination - just a comment, and I'm still rather sad about some of his unwarranted comments to me on threads here which were in many cases detrimental and unjustified. 

If I ever manage to find the 'lamp' pictures (he never added his logo) I will put them up.  In the meantime I have found one taken that same night by my husband which is now on my profile.

I sincerely hope everyone who works with Mr.G in the future has a wonderful time.  Can't say fairer than that.

A final comment - and this is ingrained in stone - I am a very honest lady and only a nitwit would say they had worked with someone if they hadn't.  A nitwit I am not.  The pictures were taken, at the time he made some very nice compliments, and - as I said earlier in this reply - it was a very entertaining and pleasant evening with an imprompu shoot thrown in for good measure.
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Steve_Stanford
Photographer
Steve_Stanfo..
Bob

Last night the Beast of Warrington offered me £1000 if I can unearth a genuine art-nude photograph which he has taken of the lady as he is pretty convinced, even though from time to time alcohol dulls his senses, that he has never shot her himself - though he does remember Mr Stanford borrowing one of his lenses to shoot her when the couple visited his residence.

As a monkey would buy me enough Tempranillo to last through most of next month I'd be willing to go halves on that grand if anyone can supply one of said art-nude images of the lady which we can pin on the Beast. PM me.

Bob

I can confirm that Mr Giles did in fact shoot Serena, I was there but didn't have any equipment with me, hence nothing to put a borrowed lens on. If someone is lying or talking out of their arses it's those who have been prompted to do so.

Steve
Posted 29 Sep 2011
Serena

In the meantime I have found one taken that same night by my husband which is now on my profile.

Steve_Stanford

I was there but didn't have any equipment with me, hence nothing to put a borrowed lens on.

So ... how did this happen then?  Did you maybe borrow the entire camera?  Or is one (or both) of you maybe misremembering?

Posted 29 Sep 2011
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Fleur_du_Mal

So ... how did this happen then?  Did you maybe borrow the entire camera?  Or is one (or both) of you maybe misremembering?

mabee someone should email gileseyy
Posted 29 Sep 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join