( yet another chaperone thread ) ">health reasons ( yet another chaperone thre...

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

67 posts
17 Aug 2009
xdeex
Model
xdeex
heyyyyy

thank you neil and lee for your input

and thank you to everyone who is being supportive such as hannah and other models and photograohers

im not going to put on the forum exactly whats matter with me as i think it personal to me...but if a photographer books a shoot with me i will tell them just as i have done with lee...

its also states clearly on my profile that i take a chaperone...

every picture on my profile has been taken with a chaperone present...

and i dont think it affects my work what so ever ...

i didnt start up this thread to be another chpaerone thread it was purely about how the photographer re-acted to me when it states clearly on my profile page...and iv always been honest (not like what he accused me of) and when i do shoot or am shooting im totally honest as to why my chaperone is with me ...i dont want my health to be sprouted out everywhere ...i do however like people to be aware of health conditions
Posted 17 Aug 2009
xdeex
Model
xdeex
spoke to the photographer concerned...and the blocking was un- intentional...id like to think this is the end of the matter...we are discussing things personally which is the best way
Posted 17 Aug 2009
ARCADIA_IMAGES
Photographer
ARCADIA_IMAGES
I will shoot with you anytime Dee, perhaps the tog didnt understand your reasons but you are fine with me.emoticon I will look after you AND your chaperone!

emoticon
Posted 17 Aug 2009
SmashGrab
Photographer
SmashGrab
mooxx

I think this is really out of order I take someone with me to every shoot I go to no matter what, Im not assuming things you just cant be too careful these days, togs should respect that

Out of order? What a lot of tosh!

Feel free to take anyone you like to shoot if the photographer will accept them but what is truly out of order is to brand those who prefer not to work with chaperones as being disrespectful of the personal safety of models. That is rubbish. Many, many professional photographers and digital art creators do not want people looking over their shoulder when they work, and there is absolutely nothing untoward with that.

Imagine how you would feel if you got to a shoot only to find the photographer had invited their mate to sit in on the shoot and watch you modelling because after all "you cant be too careful these days". Would you be comfortable standing there in your swimwear? Probably not. The exact same thing applies for some people trying to concentrate on creativity without feeling the gazing eyes of some random sitting in on the shoot.

If you want a chaperone there for your peace of mind, that is totally fine and your wishes should be respected but please do not lecture those who do not allow spectators, that is naive and not just a little bit insulting.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Edited by SmashGrab 17 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
I wonder if this is what hell looks like.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
No, sorry, why does this thread exist? Beyond me!
Posted 17 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
Lisaliz

No, sorry, why does this thread exist? Beyond me!

Two reasons.
First - it's an undead thread, ie, you can't kill it. The mods have done everything short of threatening to put anyone who starts another one up against the wall and shoot him/her.

Two - Togs are inherently dodgy, models inherently good, and a minder is necessary to protect the latter from the former.

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Edited by TMG 17 Aug 2009
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
That's done it. Have now utterly lost the will to...well, pretty well anything
Posted 17 Aug 2009
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
only 6 pages ? tsk i was expecting it to be in the 20s by now

Posted 17 Aug 2009
The bogey man is alive and well and he carries a camera. How else can you explain such near hysteria about photographers?

You are either some sad child molester, mad rapist with studio or just a plain out and out terrorist.

Ever went for a job interview on your own ladies? Did you ever consider taking along a minder to sit in during said interview? Would you have been pissed off if they did not allow your chaperone to take part in the interview. Maybe they could have passed round the cups, arranged the chairs, etc, etc.

Totally over the top reaction to those who do not like chaperones when shooting. I can and do understand if that was for personal health reasons but the situation should be fully explained to the photographer. They may have to make special arrangements to ensure your healthy & safety during the shoot so they need to know.

I have had several experiences where "chaperones" have inhibited the model (not about taking their clothes off or similar) where they have not been as relaxed as they could be and they constantly looked over to the chaperone for approval in what they were doing. That does not "add" to a shoot - believe me.

Now can we move away from assuming those who do not like chaperones as being some sort of - dodgey person> etc?

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Personally, before I start to arrange a shoot I ask the photographer if he is aware that I require a chaperone at all shoots for health reasons, as stated on my profile.
Never had any that didn't allow one (yet) but if they asked my condition, I would just explain it.

I'm positive that my condition is nowhere near as complex as yours though.

All the best in the future.

Kerry

Posted 17 Aug 2009
Ive never brought a chaperone, but i do have a driver better known as my other half x
Posted 17 Aug 2009
jes
Model
jes
GlasgowPhotographer

The bogey man is alive and well and he carries a camera. How else can you explain such near hysteria about photographers? You are either some sad child molester, mad rapist with studio or just a plain out and out terrorist. Ever went for a job interview on your own ladies? Did you ever consider taking along a minder to sit in during said interview? Would you have been pissed off if they did not allow your chaperone to take part in the interview. Maybe they could have passed round the cups, arranged the chairs, etc, etc. Totally over the top reaction to those who do not like chaperones when shooting. I can and do understand if that was for personal health reasons but the situation should be fully explained to the photographer. They may have to make special arrangements to ensure your healthy & safety during the shoot so they need to know. I have had several experiences where "chaperones" have inhibited the model (not about taking their clothes off or similar) where they have not been as relaxed as they could be and they constantly looked over to the chaperone for approval in what they were doing. That does not "add" to a shoot - believe me. Now can we move away from assuming those who do not like chaperones as being some sort of - dodgey person> etc?

LOL! emoticon 

I've been modelling for donkeys years (whatever they are) and have never taken a chaperone to a shoot, however, everyone model has the right to choose whether they want to take one and every photographer has the right to refuse.  If the two can't agree, then don't work together, it's as simple as that!!

I can understand the frustration of a lot of photographers when models keep saying things like "you can't be too careful" etc.  In 17 years as a model i've had more problems from weirdo's i've met in other working environments than I ever have as a model!  Don't steroetype all photographers just as people shouldn't with models.  Everyone is different and has the right to be!
Posted 17 Aug 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
Maybe I'm being naive, but I honestly can't think what these "health reasons" might be. I suppose if the model was physically disabled, and required help changing, then a helper would be needed. But other than basic physical needs, what is required? Is the chaperone a trained nurse or doctor? I'm yet to meet anyone, including persons with a physical disability, who need a constant companion for "health reasons." Unless I'm missing the point here, this ammounts to a condition where a specific companion is required.

Again, I'm not being nasty - but if a model told me a chaperone was required for "health reasons" I would, genuinly, be confused as to what their role was.
Posted 17 Aug 2009
Edited by whicker 18 Aug 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
whicker

Maybe I'm being naive, but I honestly can't think what these "health reasons" might be. I suppose if the model was physically disabled, and required help changing, then a helper would be needed. But other than basic physical needs, what is required? Is the chaperone a trained nurse or doctor? I'm yet to meet anyone, including persons with a physical disability, who need a constant companion for "health reasons." Unless I'm missing the point here, this ammounts to a condition where a specific companion is required.

Again, I'm not being nasty - but if a model told me a chaperone was required for "health reasons" I would, genuinly, be confused as to what their role was.

I wondered about this, but even i can see that a condition like epilepsy might justify having someone along who is used to dealing with a fit. I certainly wouldn't know what to do, and it would probably panic me.
There may also be other conditions I don't know about which would justify a health chaperone.
It's all a non issue anyway. I couldn't care less whether some models want a chaperone - entirely up to them. It just puzzles me that models go into modelling with the idea at the back of their minds that photographers are potentially untrustworthy. The silly girls who say that any photographer who objects to a chaperone is automatically dodgy deserve the knights in shining armour who leap to their rescue. Let them all work together in mutual and self-righteous  harmony.
Posted 18 Aug 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join