Hello and how is PS these days?

Hello and how is PS these days?

51 posts
14 Sep 2015
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Maybe related to commentary on the site, this is not a 'shout' or 'whinge' but it may be that a number of new people are joining, and pitting images up, but the message comes that they are awaiting approval and there are no details. Just seems a little ? to allow image posting before approval-?

Posted 22 Sep 2015
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
magpie1

Maybe related to commentary on the site, this is not a 'shout' or 'whinge' but it may be that a number of new people are joining, and pitting images up, but the message comes that they are awaiting approval and there are no details. Just seems a little ? to allow image posting before approval-?

I've noticed that too. Also when members have been suspended or otherwise left the site one can sometimes see images in the 'recently updated' side bar. Seems a bit odd and doesn't reflect well on the site. 
Posted 22 Sep 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Is this a recent phenomena? Seems common over the last few days, but I'd not noticed I before. Did something change?

Posted 22 Sep 2015
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
I've noticed these sort of things from time to time over the past year or so, I think.

Posted 22 Sep 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Yeah, I noticed this too for the first time yesterday, photos from photographers and models who are still awaiting approval appearing on the daily uploaded photos section. There's actually one currently on the home page gallery. While it's actually a lovely photo, I find it strange that it's there if the person submitting it hasn't even been approved yet. And am I right in thinking that on top of this, images on the home page gallery are restricted to paying members (not that I'm saying I think they should be)? If so, it's even stranger a photo is on there from someone still awaiting approval. Tim, you've provided input/insight on this thread, any chance of your thoughts on this seemingly new occurrence?

Posted 22 Sep 2015
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Just to add to some of the strangeness, clicking through the models showing in "members on-line" (it doesn't take long) at least 3 of them are awaiting approval and one is suspended.
Posted 23 Sep 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
cgwebster
Just to add to some of the strangeness, clicking through the models showing in "members on-line" (it doesn't take long) at least 3 of them are awaiting approval and one is suspended.
Yep, same here; just clicked on a photographer who's supposedly currently online, only to get the 'This member's profile has been suspended' notice.
Posted 25 Sep 2015
Tim
Model
Tim
Thanks everyone for the help with identifying the different scenarios regarding the recently uploaded images or online members, we are looking into this to discover what's happening. Thank you.

Posted 26 Sep 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Thanks Tim, I await your findings with interest.

Posted 26 Sep 2015
Tim
Model
Tim
We think we've identified the cause of this and applied a fix, we are monitoring the fix to make sure but we haven't seen the issue crop up again since we applied it. If anyone notices anything else please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks once again for giving us the heads up on this, greatly appreciated.
Posted 26 Sep 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Tim
We think we've identified the cause of this and applied a fix, we are monitoring the fix to make sure but we haven't seen the issue crop up again since we applied it. If anyone notices anything else please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks once again for giving us the heads up on this, greatly appreciated.
There's still a photo on the main page gallery that's from a member awaiting approval. Having said that, though, it is a lovely photo.
Posted 27 Sep 2015
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
The site needs a serious upgrade....why else are people joining the PP opposition in droves?

It's a bit like when net-model started to die.....same process, just not quite as quick. I used to recommend new models to join this site....still do, but suggest the PP site as their best prospect.

This could still be the best UK site....just needs the owners to prove commitment.
Posted 11 Oct 2015
Edited by anthonyh 10 Oct 2015
Amber6
Model
Amber6
anthonyh

The site needs a serious upgrade....why else are people joining the PP opposition in droves?

It's a bit like when net-model started to die.....same process, just not quite as quick. I used to recommend new models to join this site....still do, but suggest the PP site as their best prospect.

This could still be the best UK site....just needs the owners to prove commitment.

Yeah, I don't think the site is past the point of no return, but it soon will be.  PS still presumably has a lot of members (people do still join and a lot of people like myself have a dormant account), so now would be the time to take the bull by the horns and have a massive revamp.
While PP is great, no site deserves to have no competitors (also that promotes laziness).
Would hate to see this die like NM, which I never liked, but seeing what had obviously been a much-loved place by many, just turn into a dank, and empty pit, was depressing.
Posted 11 Oct 2015
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Amber6

I don't think the site is past the point of no return, but it soon will be. 

I think this site probably is past the point of no return, but it is not only this site. All the sites are in decline and even PP, despite all its flashing lights, bells and whistles' seems to be slowing down.

The whole scene has been on the slide for the last few years and I doubt we are ever going to see it return to those 'good old days' when the UK internet model & photographer community was in its heyday. Over the last twelve years I have seen dozens of sites like this (and in other areas of interest) blossom and then wither, as the fickle masses migrate in search of Utopia and the owners lose heart. But the same goes for more mainstream sites - remember FriendsReunited, WAYN, FaceParty, Hi5, MySpace, etc. which were all popular once but have now faded?
Bob

Posted 11 Oct 2015
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
For what it is worth this site gets my vote, long may it reign! I'm on other sites but this is without doubt my preferred site. I see models taking up on new sites and of course the photographers follow on but think given time it will all go around in a big circle and the new models will be back, he says with fingers crossed
Posted 11 Oct 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join