Rates

71 posts
16 Sep 2014
paule
Photographer
paule
The name was available.. no one had a divine right over it's use.. though if they wanted to protect their IPO:
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm.htm

Google Artemis and it's a page full of everything Artemis..
Google ArtemisFauna and it's a much more direct result..

Posted 20 Sep 2014
artemis
Model
artemis
As already stated, this was not remotely my first choice of name. It came up as available and I obviously had no idea some other person was using same name.

The photographers should be given credit as I'm sure not one of them would book someone without looking at the profile first!

It's their time and money and they will book the person who has the look they want for the shoot. Even if every girl on the site had the same name they will contact the one they want.

To say they would book without looking at portfolios and distance of the model and messaging them first is insulting.
Posted 20 Sep 2014
Edited by Love 20 Sep 2014
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
artemis

As already stated, this was not remotely my first choice of name. It came up as available and I obviously had no idea some other person was using same name. The photographers should be given credit as I'm sure not one of them would book someone without looking at the profile first! It's their time and money and they will book the person who has the look they want for the shoot. Even if every girl on the site had the same name they will contact the one they want. To say they would book without looking at portfolios and distance of the model and messaging them first is insulting.

Exactly, well said.
Posted 20 Sep 2014
Edited by Love 20 Sep 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
EllaRose

I'm with ArtemisFauna on this. It is incredibly irritating having numerous models choose similar or near-identical names (whether deliberately or not

You have to contact site admins about this, so they can create a system that won't accept names that are close to something that is already in use.

Until such a change happens you have to just suck it up.

Posted 20 Sep 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
PHP_Photography

create a system that won't accept names that are close to something that is already in use.

How on earth are they going to do that Pentti, without keeping out just about everyone who is not currently a member?

Take my name for example. You can't get much closer to Bob than BobB, BobF, BobH, BobN, BobW, BobX and Bobz, who all joined after me but under your suggestion they would not have been able to choose these names. And that's only the 4-letter usernames. Add a 5th or 6th letter and the list of close names grows drastically.

If Artemis had signed up as something like, say, ArtemisFlora or ArtymissFawn I could accept that ArtemisFawna would have grounds to complain as that would suggest passing-off or malicious intent, but I don't really think any of us has grounds to complain if somebody else innocently picks a name similar to ours.

As far as model names go, where using one's real name can be problematic and a made up name needs to be chosen, there is probably even more chance of similarity than when we pick our actual name.

When HoneyB, who has been on the scene for close on ten years, picked her model name I bet she thought she was being original (though she wasn't original as another model called HoneyB preceded her on another site where I think they both started out) but probably Honey_B, Honeybee, Honeybeez and the other models with Honeyb... username variants probably though they were being original too. I doubt any of those Honeyz (ooops there's another one that's close to HoneyB) deliberately set out to copy the one and only HoneyB on here, but no doubt some numpty who hasn't done their homework may well have picked the wrong Honey though that is the fault of the person doing the picking rather than being the fault of either the person they picked or the system.

Bob (just Bob, not JustBob)
Posted 20 Sep 2014
Edited by Bob 20 Sep 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Funny, I thought the title of this thread was Rates.

Posted 20 Sep 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
magpie1

Funny, I thought the title of this thread was Rates.

It was ... but it got threadjacked within the hour.
It's a t'internet thing.
Bob

Posted 20 Sep 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Wonder where we'ed end up with a thread titled "Goddess of the Hunt and virginity"?

Posted 20 Sep 2014
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
You guys crack me up. Talk about arguing a small matter to death! A classic Purestorm thread situation!

Let it go! life's too short!

Posted 20 Sep 2014
When I hear Artemis, I think of this one:
Posted 20 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
JadedRed

When I hear Artemis, I think of this one:

Sniggers

For me the first Artemis I always think of is:

No1 Artemis

But I'm pretty sure I'm unlikely to confuse her with any other Artemis.

And TBH if I was the type of person to be easily offended I'd not be terribly appreciative of any model who suggested I might be so stupid as to confuse models regardless of how similar their monikers were! Are photographers really as daft as you guys imply?
Posted 20 Sep 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 20 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto

Sniggers

For me the first Artemis I always think of is:

No1 Artemis

But I'm pretty sure I'm unlikely to confuse her with any other Artemis.

And TBH if I was the type of person to be easily offended I'd not be terribly appreciative of any model who suggested I might be so stupid as to confuse models regardless of how similar their monikers were! Are photographers really as daft as you guys imply?

Ah yes, I know her, I feel like she might actually be trying to decieve people in thinking she's a different Artemis though:

Posted 20 Sep 2014
When I started modelling I was aware there were a lot of page 3 models called Jade also, but I managed to distinguish myself from them by not always following my name with my age and location.

Posted 20 Sep 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Bob

How on earth are they going to do that Pentti, without keeping out just about everyone who is not currently a member?

Bob (just Bob, not JustBob)

That was kinda my point

Posted 21 Sep 2014
Amber6
Model
Amber6
If you are that precious about your name - COPYRIGHT IT. It's not hard to do (might cost a few bob, mind). Sorry, to hear this is causing problems, but Artemis (who started the thread) has done nothing wrong. If someone is so bloody stupid to book you believing you are the same person, then you probably don't want a booking with them anyway! (I only want to be booked by someone who had genuinely looks at my profile).

Posted 21 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join