Models...When applying for a casting....

Models...When applying for a casting....

34 posts
8 Jan 2014
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
barone

....How many of you bring more than a one word reply & yourself to the table? Photographers...What are your expectations?

At the very least, I need a firm indication that the model has read the casting, had a look round the preview sections of the pay sites that the content is for, and has decided she is comfortable with the type of stuff involved.

However, as I'm no longer allowed to name (either in the casting or on my profile) the pay sites for which the content is being produced, and viewing the pay sites is ABSOLUTELY essential in order to understand what the shoot involves, it is therefore obligatory that the model has done the necessary detective work (outside of PS) to identify these specific sites. And no, I can't fully compensate for this by describing the content in explicit terms on the casting, because a) that will result in more models unintentionally reading things they find offensive than if they just saw the name and choose to go no further; and b) there aren't really any remaining descriptive texts that would be as effective as a visiting the sites and having a quick look..

Posted 10 Jan 2014
Edited by skymouse 10 Jan 2014
jes
Model
jes
I usually mention that I'm a qualified make up artist and that I can shoot from my own location.

Posted 10 Jan 2014
RonA
Photographer
RonA
jes

I usually mention that I'm a qualified make up artist and that I can shoot from my own location.

That is often a deal clincher for me because being able to do your own make-up and not have to cart cases around (because you're working from your domicile) can save precious time in setting-up the shoot and getting on with the job.

I bring Jaffa cakes to the table as well by the way!

Posted 11 Jan 2014
Honesty
Model
Honesty
If it's a thoughtful informative casting then I make an effort... who I am I believe is clearly set out on my profile and I'd expect a photographer who's casting to have a look anyway, so that saves the life story and location and references... but I do point out similar work I've done in whatever genre, any wardrobe or make up options I might have and why II'd be suitable. I'm not being rude by wrting less than 2 paragraphs just efficient. I think in a lot of cases photographers get it. If it's a poorly worded or vague casting I usually pass it over or write a line or two to the tune of "I'm interested in your casting, could you provide further details if you think I may be suitable" this is mainly due to not being able to target any specific area to talk about.Similarly if someone clearly loves the sound of their own typing I tend to find it difficult to reply as too much rather unnecessary information is often requested/discussed, what camera you use, how many cats you have etc doesn't really matter to me. I'm used to short specific briefs, say what you want, when you want it, why you want it and what's in it for the model.A well written casting will surely get the attention of girls with more than a one word attention span. *looks around* I could however be wrong about that.
Posted 13 Jan 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join