Photographer
DJ200
+ 1

Posted 2 Dec 2013
Mipod
Photographer
Mipod
barone
"are we likely to see an influx of potential models from these countries?" I hope so....
+1
Posted 2 Dec 2013
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
johnlp

how can we attract them into joining this site?

- Most likely they don't know PS exists so first step would be to find those models and book them
- After the shoot tell them about PS and ask them to join ( as a free member )
- Book them again (and again) via PS so hopefully they will upgrade.

Does PS have a gift membership option ?

Posted 2 Dec 2013
mikethefoto
Photographer
mikethefoto
mph

Yes - if only Tony were back - setting the country an example with his simple tastes and lifestyles and directorships!

UK politicians are ALL reprehensible chancers, whatever colour red, blue or orange.

The only person who had the right idea on what to do with them was Guy Fawkes, & he buggered the job up.

Discuss.
Posted 2 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
mikethefoto

UK politicians are ALL reprehensible chancers, whatever colour red, blue or orange.

The only person who had the right idea on what to do with them was Guy Fawkes, & he buggered the job up.

Discuss.

I think he was actually trying to kill the King  - the politicians were a side effect. laugh

Posted 2 Dec 2013
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
johnlp

Ok, but, whatever your politics, if there are going to be a few extra models arriving on our shores, is there any way of attracting them to this site?

(By the way, over the last couple of months I've worked with 3 Poles, ! Czech, 1 Romanian and 1 Latvian, and they've all arrived immaculately dressed, with excellent make-up sense, with a good collection of attractive clothes, no belly rolls and have worked their socks off.)

Maybe they should be welcomed, it seems they turned up!!
Posted 2 Dec 2013
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
mikethefoto

Discuss.

Assuming Guy Fawke's  aim was to establish a catholic monarchy, he had no chance of success. If the explosion had gone off, he and his co-conspirators would still have been discovered, tortured, and executed; a large part of the surrounding Westminster village would have seen horrific casualities of innocent civilians which would have intensified popular anti-catholic sentiments to unprecedented levels; a new protestant king would have been installed; and in the outrage, Catholicism would have been wiped off the face of England and her areas of influence forever.
Posted 2 Dec 2013
Edited by skymouse 2 Dec 2013
jivago
Photographer
jivago
mph

I think he was actually trying to kill the King  - the politicians were a side effect. laugh

I see similarties. Many of the Consrvatives have hereditary "titles" - 'Gorgeous George' is gonna inherit one BTW.

My Granny wanted to buy a title off the internet:-  But she can't because of her fuel bill, the bedroom tax and the price of pasties. 
Posted 3 Dec 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
jivago
I see similarties. Many of the Consrvatives have hereditary "titles" - 'Gorgeous George' is gonna inherit one BTW. My Granny wanted to buy a title off the internet:-  But she can't because of her fuel bill, the bedroom tax and the price of pasties. 
You really are quite worrying. Do you write letters using geen ink by any chance?
Posted 3 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
Midnite

Maybe they should be welcomed, it seems they turned up!!

I've never had a cancellation or no-show, but that shouldn't be a great suprise. These are young people that have the motivation, organisatioanl skills and courage to leave their own country and either go "on tour" or settle in another country.  Most UK models have the same qualities, but a small but significant number don't. 

I've got a shoot with another Czech model next week, I've probably put the hex on that now!

Posted 3 Dec 2013
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Here's a little poem explaining the math...

Poem
Posted 3 Dec 2013
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
^ that's my friend Holly, she was in our second edition of 'Spunky' magazine.
www.spunkymag.co.uk

Posted 3 Dec 2013
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Mipod
Just to point out.. Romanians have had the right to live and indeed work on a self employed basis in the UK without a visa since 2007. The only thing that changes on December the 31st is their right to employment. As most models aren't employed I can't really see it will make much of a difference.
And an excellent point indeed. And another point is that East Europeans seeking a better life in this country do not necessarilly want to model, in fact seldom do and if they do choose this path its not as a first option by any manner of means. They are often highly educated and well qualified and come to the UK looking for serious employment. Contrary to popular belief, in general, East Europeans and in particular, the East European atitude to modelling is not more liberal than this country, less so in fact. Glamour and adult modelling is frowned upon by the general populious and regarded much the same way as stripping and prostitution. So in answer to the OP, there is unlikely to be any great influx of EE girls into modelling in this country anytime soon, most who inclined to glamour/adult or indeed most modelling, can find a better and more lucrative market in mainland Europe, rather than the already over-populated UK market.
Posted 3 Dec 2013
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
+1

Posted 3 Dec 2013
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
johnlp

I've never had a cancellation or no-show, but that shouldn't be a great suprise. These are young people that have the motivation, organisatioanl skills and courage to leave their own country and either go "on tour" or settle in another country.  Most UK models have the same qualities, but a small but significant number don't. 

I've got a shoot with another Czech model next week, I've probably put the hex on that now!

I really should not have written that.  She's just informed me that she is cancelling.  But she didn't bother to tell me, I was making my final, "I hope everything is OK for tomorrow" call when she announced that she's not in London.  She hopes we can work out another date.  I've told her where to go.

Posted 9 Dec 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join