Thinking of moving to Scotland. Will I need to quit modelling?!

Thinking of moving to Scotland. Will I need to quit modelling?!

49 posts
18 Oct 2013
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
blackcircle
*you're Idiot.
Haha look in your mirror, loser
Posted 2 Nov 2013
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
HowardJ
Now, now. Play nice and don't forget the rattles.
never mind. Maybe that guy needed to let some steam off
Posted 2 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Maybe when Scotland gains independence next year things will really change for them and the answers to this thread will need to be re-considered ?

Posted 2 Nov 2013
Edited by SandyCamel 2 Nov 2013
blackcircle
Photographer
blackcircle
atumeda
Haha look in your mirror, loser
What are you even talking about: "look in your mirror"? I'd take you seriously if you knew how to take a decent photograph.
Posted 2 Nov 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Posted 2 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Eeeeek, where's RedChecker with my medication, looks like this thread is going to get freaky
Posted 2 Nov 2013
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'm watching from a distance

Posted 2 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
RedChecker

I'm watching from a distance

Ooooh, that's reassuring - like a friendly moderator in shining armour lol !  

Posted 2 Nov 2013
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
.... anyway ... where were we .......... on with the thread - just ignore me ..................

Posted 2 Nov 2013
Please......! Can't anyone ever start a thread without someone turning it into a debate about something totally irrelevant?????!!!!
Posted 2 Nov 2013
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
it's ok. it's a man thing. did you spill my pint type situation. We always have to be right.

Posted 2 Nov 2013
RoxyMendez

Please......! Can't anyone ever start a thread without someone turning it into a debate about something totally irrelevant?????!!!!

Apparantly not.

However speak to the models that are already here.  I would say that you would need to be willing to travel to other places and be happy jumping about the woods in the cold.

If you are happy doing either of these things then you will be fine.

Posted 2 Nov 2013
Edited by pinkbuildingphotography 2 Nov 2013
pinkbuildingphotography

Also I meant to mention above look at the Scottish Creative Network and the local photographic networks on the evil facebook. (Some of us will call it Pusbook). Also for outdoor shoots highland Perthshire, Angus and Aberdeenshire are great on the three sunny days a year.

I don't think SCN would be that much use.. Its only really TF I've seen on there.. 

Even the businesses want everything for as little money as possible. I have to "hold back" from saying "cheap b£$%ards". Last week they were looking for a chef to cook for everybody doing a short film.. For an entire day! Aghhh

Posted 3 Nov 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Chrissie_Red
  Even the businesses want everything for as little money as possible. I have to "hold back" from saying "cheap b£$%ards". Last week they were looking for a chef to cook for everybody doing a short film.. For an entire day! Aghhh
Well what's wrong with that? How hard can it be to knock up a cauldron of porridge, a few haggis and a vat of whisky? Ok, ok, I'm sorry, I'll get my coat.
Posted 6 Nov 2013
_Maz_
Model
_Maz_
Chrissie_Red

I don't think SCN would be that much use.. Its only really TF I've seen on there.. 

The chef casting was a good one. It's exposure because everyone's eating your food!  Or standing at an event advertising a venue, and your payment was that it was great exposure and the photographer might take your picture. 

But yes, SCN is predominently TF*, may well be worth having a look to see who's who though.  

Posted 6 Nov 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join