Top Gear

36 posts
4 March 2013
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
couchpotato

I have just heard on the radio that Top Gear are filming on 90 mile beach today. They are filming a jet car? I can't find out if it's the UK presenters or the Aussie rip off guys.

Clarkson is in Oz at the moment, he slipped it into one of his articles for the Times. Then he's off to New Zealand, Spitsbergen, South Africa, Moscow and the Netherlands
Posted 10 March 2013
Edited by DorsetHammer 10 March 2013
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Top Gear stopped being about cars ages ago. It's now the television equivalent of a lads mag with a few cars thrown in.

Posted 10 March 2013
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
PaulManuell
You can bet your bottom dollar that the company filming the programme offered your council big bucks, and unfortunately, as with councils everywhere, they take more notice of money than residents' views. No doubt they'll come out with a 'Puts money into the local economy,' justification for riding rough shod over those residents.
Having said that, though, I'd love to watch the car racing at top speed across the beach if I was a local resident there.
Posted 10 March 2013
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
Just found out the beach will be closed today and the rest of the week for 2 hrs per day for filming. It is the UK presenters doing it. May be they don't trust Hammy with another jet car on his own!! There has been no tv coverage about this at the moment only radio, if I see anything I will post a link etc.
Posted 11 March 2013
mph
Photographer
mph
couchpotato

Just found out the beach will be closed today and the rest of the week for 2 hrs per day for filming. It is the UK presenters doing it. May be they don't trust Hammy with another jet car on his own!! There has been no tv coverage about this at the moment only radio, if I see anything I will post a link etc.

Hope they get better weather than I did!  Last time I was there, it was 90 yard visibilty! 

Posted 11 March 2013
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
Slightly back on track, I thought this special was actually pretty good, far better than last years India effort:

Bolivia Special
Vietnam Special, closely followed by
Africa Special
Middle East Special
Botswana Special
American Special
Arctic Special, and then, a long way in the distance, a special hatred reserved for:
India Special

Posted 11 March 2013
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join