Models who look young for their age, should this be a problem?

Models who look young for their age, should this be a problem?

It seems this conversation has now been locked
40 posts
3 Aug 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
You may want to read this book:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Posted 3 Aug 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
amyjaney1994

As I cannot delete this thread I won't even bother reading any post after this post. I am not even going to get wound up by ignorant people who have nothing better to do than give negative advice that has nothing to do with my question! Most of you are just claiming to be professional and experienced and act like you know it all when you clearly DON'T, you're just mainly hobbyists that take advantage or MAYBE a model who's not doing as well so they put others down because POSSIBLY their past it. This is not going to stop me from doing what I'm doing due to my height.

I don't see anything that justifies such a reaction in Sirensong's post. She was just beng realistic and her advice was nicely phrased and constructive, not insulting at all. Implying that she's past it is not a very nice thing to do. She is accurate insofar as sites like this too. I also used to be a fashion only model. Bearing in mind I'm a couple of milimetres off 5'8" and had catwalk model statistics when I started five years ago, the only paid work I was ever able to secure from sites like these was clothed fetish work. I'm not trying to put you down, just saying that sometimes wanting something very much and trying hard isn't enough to secure it.

Posted 3 Aug 2012
CJI01
Photographer
CJI01
amyjaney1994
Curse or advantage? What do you think?
Definite advantage for agencies and magazine pic editors!
Posted 3 Aug 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Sheesh. PITA

Posted 3 Aug 2012
amyjaney1994

I think you should do something better with your time rather than posting negative irrelevant information on threads. You haven't even worked as long as this photographer that advised me or even been published as much as he has. You're the only person on here who has given such uncouraging advice! I have been told I could do well regardless of my height by photographers who have much more experience. Still won't stop me trying, still proud of my height and for your information it will work to my advantage as it gave me my curves and makes my bust more prominent. I would appreciate if you don't post on here again or ill report abuse.

What planet are you on? how was she being negative its called "reality" which is usually welcomed by people who are asking a question.
You might think you look young for your age but you need to start acting your age.

Being short doesn't mean you automatically are curvy? I know plenty of petite models who are slim, and plenty of taller girls who are curvy.
You can't really report abuse when people are actually wasting their time trying to help you.

If though the advise and word of these "professional photographers" with experience is more important than other peoples opinions then why bother posting? why not just ask these "gurus" the magical answer instead? they should be able to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Posted 3 Aug 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
profilepictures

Sheesh. PITA

You got me craving Pita bread Hallumi cheese
Posted 3 Aug 2012
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
she has left
Posted 3 Aug 2012
sirspread

she has left

Thats what happens when people don't hear what they would like to hear.

Mr experienced will be in his element - sharing all his wisdom with his little whippersnapper. She could be the prettiest girl on here but with an attitude like that she wouldn't make it very far in any genre at the moment. Maybe she will be back when she realises that only listening to 1 persons advice isn't really that productive, coming on and offending people for answering your question in a helpful and polite way wont have won her any admirers.
Posted 3 Aug 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Haloumi on the BBQ rocks

Posted 4 Aug 2012
Buddygb
Photographer
Buddygb
Yumsk!
Posted 4 Aug 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked