A suggestion - CHAPERONES

A suggestion - CHAPERONES

It seems this conversation has now been locked
71 posts
1 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse

Unique images and edgy fashion should go in the bin as well.

Now, I had this chaperone in my studio once.......emoticon

Posted 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
how about 'diffuse glow'

Posted 1 Sep 2009
Whats so wrong with the word chaperone?

Posted 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
Vikki_Leigh

Nowt wrong with the word itself - just what it stands for.
Posted 1 Sep 2009
Mae
Model
Mae
Vikki_Leigh

Apparently togs don't like us having them because they get in the way, they steal, they distract models, they play/text/phone people and make noise, and they watch over the photographer's shoulder.

My chaperone's never been an issue yet =/

Anyways, I'm gonna disappear now before I pee anybody else off, looks like one argument that'll never be settled: Some people like chaperones, some people don't, but I'mma shh nowemoticon

- Mae
Posted 1 Sep 2009
designerhugh
Photographer
designerhugh
CHAPERONES

Have only shot with them present a couple of times on fashion shoots and once on a nude shoot. In general won't shoot with them present, my view is check my references and contact the models I have shot with, if not happy with this then I won't go to shoot. I have have met many husbands, boyfriends, mothers, dads who have dropped the model off at the studio and happy to meet them before hand and after not got a problem with this.

Concerns when chaperones are present, models tend not to be so comfortable plus want to run ideas through the third party. There is also the theft issue as well and insurance reasons.

Remember in general photographers look out for the safety of the models they shoot. You are probably in more danger from your own boyfriend than any photographer.

Hugh

Posted 1 Sep 2009
photofrank
Photographer
photofrank
Mae

Hmm, well I'm new here but I've been around other sites for over a year now, I've never came across anything bad happening with chaperones at shoots yet. =/
My chaperone is also my manager and my partner, and the photographers I've worked with have said they'd happily have him back again.

- Confused Mae

Three reasons not to book you.emoticon

Posted 1 Sep 2009
johnsmith148
Photographer
johnsmith148
I think you lost this thread Mike!!!
Posted 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
designerhugh

CHAPERONES Have only shot with them present a couple of times on fashion shoots and once on a nude shoot. In general won't shoot with them present, my view is check my references and contact the models I have shot with, if not happy with this then I won't go to shoot. I have have met many husbands, boyfriends, mothers, dads who have dropped the model off at the studio and happy to meet them before hand and after not got a problem with this. Concerns when chaperones are present, models tend not to be so comfortable plus want to run ideas through the third party. There is also the theft issue as well and insurance reasons. Remember in general photographers look out for the safety of the models they shoot. You are probably in more danger from your own boyfriend than any photographer. Hugh

#ff0000;">
GET OFF MY THREAD! NOW!

Posted 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
#ff0000;">Dear ladies and gentleworms - this is a thread about the word chaperone. not a discussion on the benefits/pifalls of them. if you have a comment on chaperones in general please go here
Posted 1 Sep 2009
johnsmith148
Photographer
johnsmith148
regthecat

#ff0000;">Dear ladies and gentleworms - this is a thread about the word chaperone. not a discussion on the benefits/pifalls of them. if you have a comment on chaperones in general please go here

How do you do that!!!
Posted 1 Sep 2009
katexx
Model
katexx
regthecat

Normally I think it means the same as 'GSOH' - i.e. FAT

hahaha............
Posted 1 Sep 2009
designerhugh
Photographer
designerhugh