Purestorm Update

Purestorm Update

49 posts
25 Feb 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
There is absolutely no sense clearing out old profiles at this stage. Just because they have not logged on here recently does not mean they are not active as models elsewhere. Straight away I can see models in my area not logged in since last October. Models I know to be very active on other sites. We need to get those models using the site again not chuck them off in a fit of pique.

And yes a new site is needed and has been for some time. For a start when this sites was set up most of us used a desk PC to access the internet. Now 50% use mobile phones. Generally too the interface is starting to look tired and behind the scenes web standards have moved on a lot since the site was developed.

I'm not saying this alone will solve things. Most of us know that the original issues had nothing to do with the sites design but the unprofessional attitude of some moderators, which provided an opening for a new site that exploited that opportunity. Hopefully lessons have been learned and the site can move on. If not no doubt some other site will rise up eventually. Unlike some here I have no issues with the competition but each site seems to develop its own style and sometimes one works better than another for certain things. Right now for example the slower pace here suits me on the forums.

Posted 1 March 2018
Much of what Redbaron has said makes sense.
However on the thorny subject of old profiles I would like to suggest to Matt the following.

1) Any profile which has not been used in the previous 12 months should go into "Archive" mode: only available if directly searched for by members and then can be brought back into active use only by the profile owner. This would also protect models who have moved on in their lives from having images floating around that they may have forgotten about and would not wish to still be available.

2) Any profile which was not used for at least a year after sign up should be deleted from the system.

There are many profiles which were created and abandoned without being used even for a few months. These models will never return and are just wasting the server space.

By using the archive system models would still be able to make a come back and those who are pro active and working members of the site would benefit from greater attention.
Just my thoughts.
David

Posted 10 March 2018
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Discretion

Much of what Redbaron has said makes sense. However on the thorny subject of old profiles I would like to suggest to Matt the following. 1) Any profile which has not been used in the previous 12 months should go into "Archive" mode: only available if directly searched for by members and then can be brought back into active use only by the profile owner. This would also protect models who have moved on in their lives from having images floating around that they may have forgotten about and would not wish to still be available. 2) Any profile which was not used for at least a year after sign up should be deleted from the system. There are many profiles which were created and abandoned without being used even for a few months. These models will never return and are just wasting the server space. By using the archive system models would still be able to make a come back and those who are pro active and working members of the site would benefit from greater attention. Just my thoughts. David

Yes it dose, well we have to hope that a lot of the profiles that are "inactive" at the moment will become active again once word gets round that Pure Storm is the place to be, once again. cheeky

Posted 12 March 2018
fishing
Model
fishing
Look forward to see your new site Matt
Posted 13 March 2018
BodyBragging
Photographer
BodyBragging
Matt

I feel like I’ve been a member of this site since the first Daguerreotype. Really looking forward to the new site and after all, at least it’s run by a decent chap!!

Posted 14 March 2018
MG
Photographer
MG
Just over two weeks to go now until the big day.... The drum roll has begun
Posted 8 April 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Wondered who would be the first to crack and post. 12 days was probably a record sadly. even old NM rarely goes more than a few days without some post. Admit it would be nice to see the new site live soon. Well I have seen it of course but only on the test bed

Posted 9 April 2018
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
I cannot deny that it is getting exciting. Somebody put on the record by Europe - The Final Countdown
Posted 9 April 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Ladiesman

Somebody put on the record by Europe - The Final Countdown

This one?
Posted 9 April 2018
Edited by Bob 9 April 2018
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Bob

This one?

Yes that one frown
Posted 10 April 2018
I see there's a Purestorm UK on Facebook - no connection or anything to do with this, the original Purestorm, I take it? Please advise, those in the know. Thank you
Posted 13 April 2018
Chosin
Model
Chosin
No yet another "Fake" Suzy 

Posted 13 April 2018
Thanks Kylie. Your answer much appreciated

Posted 13 April 2018
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
It would be good to see some effective competition to Purpleport....I don't mind the site, but competition is always good.

What concerns me is not that this site needs to 'look different', but it actually has to work effectively. I still find the search facility on here to be a joke (for example)....especially when it shows me profiles of models that haven't logged on in years. Dumping them now would at least demonstrate something worthwhile is happening now.

But what concerns me as well is that 'management' have not started to develop a strategy to improve membership numbers...both quality...and quantity. I am (maybe naively) assuming the best strategy will be one that involves the current members making an input.

Even simple things like offering premier months membership to people who introduce new members for example....with some form of 'loading'...the better the introduction (is the new member a real asset to the site?), the better the reward.

But we shall see what happens I guess.

Posted 15 April 2018
Edited by anthonyh 15 April 2018
MonochromeSet
Photographer
MonochromeSet
MG

Just over two weeks to go now until the big day.... The drum roll has begun

When, exactly ... ?

Posted 23 April 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join