Opinions on photographers who put up TF/collaboration castings for nud...

Opinions on photographers who put up TF/collaboration castings for nude shoots?

26 posts
24 Jan 2018
POAH
Photographer
POAH

I've paid for nude shoots and done TF nude shoots so really don't see it as an issue.  If someone puts an TF-casting up you either want to do it or not.  The level is irrelavent.

Posted 15 May 2018
RBM_ltd
Photographer
RBM_ltd

If someone put up a TF casting that is nude, and a model responses and agrees then there is completely no problem. If a photographer approaches a model and then ask to shoot nude at FTP, well. If you are going to single out a model, that is because you want to shoot her, so hand over the cash, as I guess in most cases the model will be a professional or someone that know what they are doing.

Likewise, ladies and gents if you are a model and want to shoot with a photographer, then the same courtesy should be return.

Posted 15 May 2018
Numb
Photographer
Numb

There was a site not so long ago called Zivity.

I was approached by a model who regularly featured on there. We agreed to shoot together and put aside a section of that shoot specifically for a set for that site. Now I did not pay her, not she me.

But we together were going to sell the set on that site. 

Even then, it was stacked on the models side. Payments were 55% her, 35% me and 10%, I think, went to the site.

I may be wrong on the numbers, but it was something like that.

Now, I don't love the numbers, but  I really like this idea. And it is a shame that the site is now defunct. If anyone knows of something similar that's about, please let me know.?

Nude TFP? If both parties are happy, then I don't see a problem. Personally I would like it if some sort of payment was made or sought after for both parties, if at all possible, like Zivity. 

Aside from a purely artistic endeavour, it also makes the shoot a real collaboration in that both parties are aiming for a similar result.

Posted 15 May 2018
Kimily
Photographer
Kimily

@Kimmikitsch I wouldn't ever contact a model and offer a TF nude shoot. I might contact a model and offer a TF shoot but making no reference at all to levels - and just see what we work out between us. But i rarely even do that as I have sufficient models who contact me for a shoot so the mould is often cast by them in their first or subsequent message. It's true to say though that a significant majority of my TFs involve nudity, not always planned, and I guess the makeup of my portfolio determines the style of shoot those models tend to expect from me.

Posted 15 May 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

What happens if a model wishes to do topless then advertising for a tfp to build their portfolio is very acceptable. And making sure they pick the right photographer for it even more important.

Posted 19 May 2018
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford

the level of the shoot, and the remuneration if any is totally up to the two parties making the agreement.  there are no answer that covers all situations and all people.  surely its why we negotiate the terms before we start modelling and shooting ?   we can advertise for anything.

how long is a piece of film ?  impossible to answer !   there will probably be as many ''answers'' as there are models and photographers.  it's just what suits individuals.  as for the back-story, i.e. they need money to put food on the table etc. it's a factor to be considered by both parties, not a social given that money has to change hands - that's assumes so much.  in one case the model may be a millionaire(ss), in another a pauper.  

so in my mind, it's case by case,
and completely up to individuals (which it actually is of course).

let's try not to make rules for every possible situation or cast values on people who do/dont do as we require of them    (general statement and not pointed at anyone here just in case wrong impression given).    

have fun with your little metal and glass boxes folks,  click, whir.  ooooh look at that !!!

Posted 5 weeks ago
swyftie
Photographer
swyftie

As has already been quoted on this thread, if you don't ask you don't get.

It is a models choice whether or not to accepts such a casting and I am guessing the success of the casting would depend greatly on the photographers portfolio to date.

There is often a similar argument over here on the other side of the fence with models who have little/no experience asking for paid shoots, or models wanting portfolio updates but also wanting payment for the shoot as well as the prints...but again, that same quote applies.

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have never put a casting up for TF Nude as I think it would come across as bit cheeky but I do get models asking to do TF nude work with me as theylike what I do and would like some of this level in their portfolio.

Like what has been said TF means sitting down and editing to a good standard an agreed amount of images for the models time.

Posted 4 weeks ago
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
KMitchellPhotography

I have never put a casting up for TF Nude as I think it would come across as bit cheeky but I do get models asking to do TF nude work with me as theylike what I do and would like some of this level in their portfolio.

Like what has been said TF means sitting down and editing to a good standard an agreed amount of images for the models time.

There is nude and there is nude. I cannot imagine anyone seeing a casting backed up by the quality of the art on your portfolio would consider it a cheek. This is where this sort of generic thread post falls apart along with all the others seeking to set limits and rules on what private adults agree between themselves. Models are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves whether a TFP casting to nude is of any benefit to them. Same the other way round when a model posts a TFP 'opportunity' to shoot their wedding. While photographers who do that for a living may huff and puff there could well be someone who needs exactly that experience or those images at the time and feels it worth doing.

Posted 4 weeks ago
KMitchellPhotography
manny_bash
Photographer
manny_bash

It should not matter. There are models that claim to do TF but when you ask find excuses. Photography is expensive the photographer already is paying for the studio. If he is not a professional it works out expensive

Posted 2 weeks ago
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh

I was just saying to a model yesterday....20 yrs ago she would have had to pay to have a decent portfolio shoot. And for those that didn't have to pay...it is because they had a look the big agencis wanted.

Probably the same now....ref the big agencies that is.

Posted 6 days ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join