Tall Dark and Handsome Photographers

Tall Dark and Handsome Photographers

40 posts
10 Jan 2017
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Bob
Really? I'd have thought that 40 positive recommendations going back eight years, including from a few of the best models to have graced this site over the last decade, would more than compensate for only having a handful portfolio images on display (unless, of course, one was actively seeking payment from models for professional photography packages). Bob
Good point, well put
Posted 14 Jan 2017
rayhaslam
Photographer
rayhaslam
its all about the money...you can get any model if you pay them enough

Posted 15 Jan 2017
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I've never found looking like Brad Pitt to be an issue on shoots..... mainly because I look nothing like him.

Posted 15 Jan 2017
NicolaY
Model
NicolaY
the only thing that matters to me is how good they are at taking pictures

Posted 17 Jan 2017
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
I'm not sure why the photographer's looks should matter to a model, but I have noticed that on the occasions I've seen models talking about photographers who contacted them that they didn't want to work with, they would slag off the looks of the tog as well as their work in a 'they're creepy' way if said togs were 'old' (basically over 50) and/or fat. E.G., 'I had a look at the guy's pics, they're crap so I'm not gonna work with him, and he's a fat old man anyway lol' type talk.

Posted 28 Jan 2017
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Purple_Girl
I'm not sure why the photographer's looks should matter to a model, but I have noticed that on the occasions I've seen models talking about photographers who contacted them that they didn't want to work with, they would slag off the looks of the tog as well as their work in a 'they're creepy' way if said togs were 'old' (basically over 50) and/or fat. E.G., 'I had a look at the guy's pics, they're crap so I'm not gonna work with him, and he's a fat old man anyway lol' type talk.
But how would those models know how old the photographers are and what they look like if they've not worked with them? I've never once been asked my age or to provide a photo of myself when booking shoots here or elsewhere.
Posted 29 Jan 2017
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
PaulManuell

But how would those models know how old the photographers are and what they look like if they've not worked with them? I've never once been asked my age or to provide a photo of myself when booking shoots here or elsewhere.

It's Facebook where I've seen such remarks made, and people tend to have at least one or two pics of themselves on there, even if it's not their personal page.
Posted 29 Jan 2017
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
Havocphotography

Uh huh. If you heard the amount of models I've heard say "so glad you don't look like all the other old fat photographers" cos, you know, I dont.

I was hoping the models did not notice how old and fat I am!!! Cos, you know, I am.
Posted 29 Jan 2017
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Purple_Girl
It's Facebook where I've seen such remarks made, and people tend to have at least one or two pics of themselves on there, even if it's not their personal page.
Ah, I see. I'm not on there or any other social media sites so that never occurred to me.
Posted 29 Jan 2017
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecooked
I would respectfully suggest, from the viewpoint of most young models. 95 per cent of photographers on these sites are "old and fat!"

Posted 29 Jan 2017
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Rawandthecooked

I would respectfully suggest, from the viewpoint of most young models. 95 per cent of photographers on these sites are "old and fat!"

Well I'm in that 5% and simply fat
Posted 29 Jan 2017
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
PaulManuell

Ah, I see. I'm not on there or any other social media sites so that never occurred to me.

You are the lucky one. Best not to be on any of them so you cannot see what they are saying about you! frown

Posted 4 Feb 2017
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
I'm short fat and ugly, although I do have a knack of making models laugh.
Posted 4 Feb 2017
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Ladiesman
You are the lucky one. Best not to be on any of them so you cannot see what they are saying about you!    . 
Sage advice
Posted 5 Feb 2017
mph
Photographer
mph
Rawandthecooked

Well I accidentally (honestly!) picked up a pair of my wife's size 12  jeans the other day - and apart from the length they were fine - so I guess I'm in the 5%! 
(I'm ignoring the "old"  )
Posted 8 Feb 2017
Edited by mph 8 Feb 2017
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join