well this place has died a death

well this place has died a death

40 posts
21 Sep 2016
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Just easing up the coffin lid to say hi to Iconic.

Posted 23 Sep 2016
wiltshiretog
Photographer
wiltshiretog
AndyGStudios
No, nothing else - in fact a promise for everlasting membership, for what thats worth lol.
Can i say something.Since i have been here i have heard this many times,yet no evidence.Maybe people are looking in and seeing you repeatedly saying this,yet nothing changes,and they think "no point coming here" i have been hearing a few people saying this place is dead,and not here on the site,so i am sure that is putting people off coming back/joining,maybe it is time to show what's been happening. In the time you have been talking about updating,i have built my own portfolio,and also seen two other sites similar to this update/add new features,yet this place remains the same. Just saying....
Posted 23 Sep 2016
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
There's a big difference in adding updates and revamping a whole site, even I can see that and I have no html experience. A few tweaks could be done in a matter of hours whereas a full revamp can take months, especially if it's being done between paying jobs. Just look at how long it takes some photographers to provide images from TF shoots.

Posted 23 Sep 2016
wiltshiretog
Photographer
wiltshiretog
Two_stops
There's a big difference in adding updates and revamping a whole site, even I can see that and I have no html experience. A few tweaks could be done in a matter of hours whereas a full revamp can take months, especially if it's being done between paying jobs. Just look at how long it takes some photographers to provide images from TF shoots.
I get Tf images out in 24-48 hours....constantly,and i work full time
Posted 23 Sep 2016
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
wiltshiretog

I get Tf images out in 24-48 hours....constantly,and i work full time

You can't batch process a new site.
Posted 23 Sep 2016
Dirkus
Photographer
Dirkus
Greetings I still look in daily and recently booked a model from here to work with next month, so yea, still a viable site and I like it, if you want to see extra activity here then you/we should all do our bit to promote it and encourage other photographers/models to use it too, so it aint as fancy as other sites, so what, it still works, what spoils a site, bitching on the forums, there was a time when I dare not say anything on the forums here as I was sure to get shot down by the 'better than you know it all's', no matter what the subject they were out to criticize, goad, show off etc., But I stuck it out, ignored their petty games and I'm still here, those people are still about but I don't see them here so much, Ha but we'll see if anyone tells me I've got this all wrong!!! Don't matter how brilliant a site is designed or laid out, its the people on it that make it work....... simple as. Have fun
Posted 23 Sep 2016
wiltshiretog
Photographer
wiltshiretog
Two_stops
You can't batch process a new site.
I dont batch process i do it individually
Posted 23 Sep 2016
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
I glance in every day - it's pretty much just tumbleweed, but I have just (for the first time in about four years) booked a PS model!!
Posted 23 Sep 2016
gazbiker
Photographer
gazbiker
When "they" revamp the site it would be good to see all of these "old" profiles removed, what's the point of keeping profiles live if the model hasn't logged in for over say a year or even three in some cases!

I would say if you haven't logged in for say six months you get booted off and then we would be left with models that are actually active.

Just a suggestion.

Gaz

Posted 24 Sep 2016
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
The number of requests to clear dead profiles probably exceeds the number of dead profiles.

Posted 24 Sep 2016
wiltshiretog
Photographer
wiltshiretog
anthonyh
The number of requests to clear dead profiles probably exceeds the number of dead profiles.
Yet the dead profiles are still here,still the new site will be here soon zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted 25 Sep 2016
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
There's a 36 page thread on exactly the same subject in General Chat.

'OK, what has gone wrong?'  http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=286560

This thread just seems like a repeat of that one.

Best regards
Paul

Posted 25 Sep 2016
doughnut
Photographer
doughnut
squodge!
Posted 27 Sep 2016
Bob
Photographer
Bob
doughnut

squodge

It's about time that Squodgenessabounds reappeared.
Surely a guy can only dodge getting the next round in for so long.
smiley: Roll - keystrokes: :rollin
Posted 27 Sep 2016
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
doughnut

squodge!

Good to see you're still around and squeezing the shutter button Jason, hope you are well.

John

Posted 28 Sep 2016
Edited by Two_stops 28 Sep 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join