Backing up from memory card to portable HDD

Backing up from memory card to portable HDD

19 posts
29 Feb 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
I understand the thought process, it's just that there's no reason a SSD image bank would be any less susceptible to corruption than the original cards. As to losing cards, the answer is simple: don't lose your cards...
Posted 30 July 2016
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Well I've just got back from my extended trip - three weeks around Japan and I eventually did what Arkady suggested - I bought loads of cards, took two bodies with two card slots in each and had no problems at all.
Now I've got loads of cards!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Dave

Posted 30 July 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
eosfan

Well I've just got back from my extended trip - three weeks around Japan and I eventually did what Arkady suggested - I bought loads of cards, took two bodies with two card slots in each and had no problems at all. Now I've got loads of cards! Thanks for all your help and advice. Dave

I'm in the same boat now... It was Prime Day on Amazon recently, so I now have an estimated 12,000 raw image capacity in my camera bag at all times... More than enough for a decent holiday or as I did recently a week-long photo tour: 7 model shoots in 8 days... 
Posted 30 July 2016
riddell
Photographer
riddell
I loved my flashtrax too, but also haven't used it for years.

Now I mostly backup to my Wacom tablet.

Or in a lightweight situation I just plug my memory card reader into my phone and backup to the nice large 128gb card in there.

Paul
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Posted 15 Sep 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join