End the BBC license fee

End the BBC license fee

22 posts
22 Jan 2016
photostore
Photographer
photostore
JerryG

The BBC is pretty much the best thing about the country, and certainly the only news source that is remotely trustworthy. The website is excellent, the children's channels are superb and the radio is the best in the world. The license fee is an absolute bargain, and what I pay for Sky is a total rip-off by comparison.

Yes, but you can choose to pay for Sky !
Posted 26 Jan 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
photostore
Yes, but you can choose to pay for Sky !
BOOM, and there it is Since they assume everyone is a criminal if they don't pay Auntie Beeb for making their services so prevalent that they are hard to avoid in the first place, wouldn't it be better to put the bludgeons away and just add the tax to everyones wage ? like NI and Income Tax ? It would only be about 3 quid a week ! or... a pint of mild
Posted 26 Jan 2016
Edited by AndyGStudios 26 Jan 2016
diipii
Photographer
diipii
The Beeb should keep its fee if they:

Ditch all TV channels except 1 & 2
Ditch all reality shows.
Ditch all celeb shows.
Put their cash into the best new comedy and drama writers.
Keep only Radio 1, 3 and 4
Bring their news HQ back to London.

They should really keep their fee anyway or it'll be adverts wall to wall everywhere.

Posted 5 Feb 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Like your knees, you'll miss it when it's gone. With Fox and Sky dangerously close to becoming one whilst the government act as assassins of the Beeb on behalf of interests thinly veiled, tye while,situation is on the brink of disaster.

Posted 5 Feb 2016
jackcalling
Photographer
jackcalling
Advert free TV. If nothing else. Then some attempt at political balance the fantastic Iplayer. And we all have to pay for things we don't use. I Have private dentistry and private education for my children but I still pay the tax that pays for those things. Suck it up. It's being part of society.

Posted 8 Feb 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
With the exception that the BBC isn't government, it's a private limited company. Which would be like Greggs or WH Smith demand everyone pays a surcharge towards newspapers to bring down the overall cost for those who want them. I get where ya coming from, but the point to be made is, nobody should be made to pay a non governmental body with no connections to politics. Maxim is FULL of ads, half of it in fact, would it be fair if the producers petitioned the government to charge everyone annually to do away with them for the sole preserve of the minority who want to read it ? *lights flame under the issue and runs for cover*
Posted 8 Feb 2016
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
AndyGStudios

*lights flame under the issue and runs for cover*

And so you should surprise
Posted 8 Feb 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join