They cannot be serious!

They cannot be serious!

21 posts
8 Aug 2015
Jay90
Model
Jay90
Chandos
And I thought it was lack of activities in PS why new models leave. I often been told by models to not contact them through PS because they don't use this site anymore which they no longer update. Maybe the poster might be interested to check if the models are active in other modelling forums?
Got to admit. I deleted my account on here about a year ago. Lost all 97 or so of my references, so kicking myself now.... And despite joining again now, I barely even check this site. I find the alternative sites a lot busier these days. Back when I started modelling, net model and this site were my income sites!
Posted 2 Sep 2015
I am a new member - But looking at my new member messages it says photographers cannot message me unless I update so that 'New models aren't inundated with messages'! Oh unless I upgrade my account...

So wonder how long it will be until I can receive messages?!

Gemma

Posted 8 Oct 2015
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
We, as in everyone, are all responsible for PS being a great site that now appears to be in decline.

Things must change to evolve so we cant just seat and hope it will get better when it is getting worse.

Moaning about new models or anything just spins a negative light - we should be praising and welcoming and highlighting the good then maybe it will improve......

Ohh and the owners need to make some changes too - the addition of a postcode search facility (just to PL1 level) would be a good start, and being able to "block" profiles over 1 year old too.

Posted 9 Oct 2015
Jay90

Got to admit. I deleted my account on here about a year ago. Lost all 97 or so of my references, so kicking myself now.... And despite joining again now, I barely even check this site. I find the alternative sites a lot busier these days. Back when I started modelling, net model and this site were my income sites!

I find when taking a modelling vacation and I close my model profiles on other model sites, I can still  re-log in after whatever time period, and all my references/ profile pictures and notes will still be in place. Not so with Purestorm. Once you click the Close My Account button...all the valuable references et al,  are lost for ever.

It would be nice if it were otherwise...sometimes models close their accounts for a while, then come back again...i.e. when having a baby or whatever...

Just a thought.

Moderator Advisory
When a member self-deletes their account nothing is removed from the servers - it merely goes off-line.
If they request Reactivation (assuming Admin is convinced it is a genuine request*) everything reappears.
However until the account is Upgraded again only the basic number of images is displayed.
Members can request their profile is reset to Pending (i.e Awaiting Approval) if wishing to leave temporarily.

*This is a basic Data Protection and Model Security precaution to deter malicious reactivation attempts.

Posted 9 Oct 2015
Edited by Jacqui 9 Oct 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
SuzyMonty

I find when taking a modelling vacation and I close my model profiles on other model sites, I can still  re-log in after whatever time period, and all my references/ profile pictures and notes will still be in place. Not so with Purestorm. Once you click the Close My Account button...all the valuable references et al,  are lost for ever.

It would be nice if it were otherwise...sometimes models close their accounts for a while, then come back again...i.e. when having a baby or whatever...

Just a thought.

I believe you can request that it be temporarily removed on Purestorm and all details will be retained, it does mean sending a message to Matt though.
Posted 9 Oct 2015
RedChecker

I believe you can request that it be temporarily removed on Purestorm and all details will be retained, it does mean sending a message to Matt though.

Many thanks to both Moderator and Steven (Red Checker) for explaining the logistics.cheeky

Posted 9 Oct 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join