You spend 30 mins carefully writing a PM, click on SEND...

You spend 30 mins carefully writing a PM, click on SEND...

23 posts
20 June 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
HowardJ
I still doubt the benefits vs cost and complexity it adds.
Cool, but do give your breakdown of why you say that - I don't know the PS code base but I don't know any common environment where there would be much cost and complexity. I guess PS is quite old.
Posted 23 June 2015
Edited by cziiki 23 June 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
cziiki
Cool, but do give your breakdown of why you say that - I don't know the PS code base but I don't know any common environment where there would be much cost and complexity. I guess PS is quite old.
I think we'll leave that one to Matt. I suspect he has a long list of improvements people or the site owners have requested and there would be more value in focusing on those than this one plus I believe he has a day job that keeps him pretty busy. I think PS works as per most other web applications and that should be something that users should be familiar with. Don't get me wring I've sometimes lost PMs I've written when I've hit the submit button, but that's usually because I've lost connectivity. Now if I suspect I may lose my PM I do a select all and copy. However it is a fairly rare occurrence so I'm happy with the way PS works. I've got a radical suggestion to solve the issue. Spend less time writing your PMs. I really can't understand why it should take 30 minutes to compose a message.
Posted 23 June 2015
Edited by HowardJ 23 June 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
HowardJ
Spend less time writing your PMs. I really can't understand why it should take 30 minutes to compose a message.
Or if a long one then as was suggested - write it in a WP program and copy it to PS.
Posted 24 June 2015
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
HowardJ
...I really can't understand why it should take 30 minutes to compose a message.
Wait until you have ADHD, and then you will understand. The OP's dilemma has happened to me a few times on this site. But, I already know from experience to highlight and copy my text just incase the site times out.
Posted 3 Feb 2017
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
dhuntuk
Wait until you have ADHD, and then you will understand. The OP's dilemma has happened to me a few times on this site. But, I already know from experience to highlight and copy my text just incase the site times out.
If thats the case and there's a reason why it takes so long then that person, quite honestly, should be taking more precautions, like composing offline.
Posted 3 Feb 2017
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Exactly. Always select all & copy your post before clicking send.

Posted 3 Feb 2017
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
I am too lazy now.....but I used to start a word document up for each new model.....type on it...then copy / send. Each new message would be tagged on to the original....so I had a record of what I sent in one place. Sometimes it was useful as I could copy/paste from earlier bits if I wanted to remind the model of what to bring...or add to what to bring etc etc. Sometimes a message to one model could be copied / sent to another with only minor modifications....travel directions for example.
Posted 22 Feb 2017
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
This is a fairly easy fix to implement, use HTML 5 Local Storage, most major and modernised websites use it for PMs, posts and what not.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_webstorage.asp

Posted 11 March 2017
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join