Songs that give you a migraine!

Songs that give you a migraine!

21 posts
10 May 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Jazz genuinely gives me a headache. It all sounds like every band member's playing his own tune, an absolute row.

Posted 13 May 2015
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Alan Holdsworth makes me irritable and short tempered. There's a few others that have a similar effect on me, but he's the worst.

Weirdly, other people playing in an Alan Holdsworth style don't effect me.

Posted 13 May 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
HMansfield

Alan Holdsworth makes me irritable and short tempered. There's a few others that have a similar effect on me, but he's the worst. Weirdly, other people playing in an Alan Holdsworth style don't effect me.

Just listened to a few of his songs on Spotify, that's exactly the sort of jazz that makes me cringe as it just sounds like an incoherent racket.

Back to the original topic... I once worked in Venezuela for six months and hearing their own styles of salsa and merenge gave me a headache, the latter especially as again like jazz, to me sounded pretty incoherent without structure.  That said, I do kick myself for not buying a few CDs of their music to bring back with me as a reminder of how bad it was.
Posted 14 May 2015
JohnChapman
Photographer
JohnChapman
Music is a very polarising medium and my taste is disturbingly narrow, but then I know what I like and I like what I know As for those I don't like, how long have we got: Country & Western (All of it. Everything that's ever been recorded. Ever…) Reggae (See Country & Western) UB40 (yes I know that's reggae, but as a born & bred Brummie I have to make a particular case for this ensemble) Musicals (Anything from musicals. Anyone who springs onto stage spouting Andrew Lloyd-Webber crap should be shot at birth) Culture Club Tina Turner & Cher (If there was a bus on the road to Hell, Tina Turner would be driving it & Cher would be the Clippy. Celene Dione would be waiting in the wings to check your ticket) Take Bloody That No Direction Sorry, I've just realised it's late and I'm turning this into a personal vendetta (rant) against the horrors of my musical nightmares. Going to bed now, might be back with more tomorrow...
Posted 14 May 2015
EmmWoodPhotography
Photographer
EmmWoodPhotography
This..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91hoKAHF4HY

& come to think of it, just about EVERY nightcore'd song ever done!! Bloke in flat under me is obsessed... Someone save me!?

Posted 15 May 2015
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
I can listen to a wide rage of music - from heavy rock/metal to classical music.....

....but I CANNOT abide the dire music that is played in most nightclubs now. It's just an incoherent beat of mindless thump thump base with illegible lyrics.

Posted 15 May 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join