Rotated images

19 posts
3 May 2015
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
The function to rotate pics automatically is not in Win7. It became a major issue for the 7 users including me. Including me

Posted 3 May 2015
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Think I have sorted it, Got cameras set up to rotate to landscape when viewed on screen, just done a couple of tests and windows 8 does seem to save to correct orientation ie auto rotate,(not as viewed on camera) displays if rotated but doesn't change file. hope you understand what I mean I think I know but not absolutely! Camera now shows on screen the way photo was taken. Will try with other body might be a bunny now, Yes sorted it was all my fault, Was way I had camera set up.
Posted 3 May 2015
Edited by paulford 3 May 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Wonderful thread. Well done all who contributed.

Posted 10 May 2015
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
I regularly experience the same problem. I set the camera to display the images at the right orientation. But, that is just the display on the back of the camera. And, just that. But, when I load the RAW images onto my computer they need rotating. And, if I convert them straight to jpeg from the RAW images, they will need rotating again. So, if an image rotates after I have uploaded, I go into Windows explorer and open the image and rotate it again and re-upload. It is a royal pain in the bum...
Posted 10 May 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join