Working from home....skivers or flexible?

Working from home....skivers or flexible?

17 posts
20 Feb 2015
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
I recall having "office" jobs where vast amounts of time were wasted, distractions, chatting, tea breaks..but it depends on the person and the job doesn't it!

Only one thing is relevant..is the job in hand finished to the required standard and on time which doesn't seem to happen much in the corporate world, most of which work from offices?

I often think that those who work in offices should try the self employment route? Of course there is also increasingly a move towards both sexes taking more time and responsibility for the family. This is positive and at last catching up with many European countries.

The whole "office culture" with it's waste of duplicating energy consumption, time wasted not working, and lack of flexibility to accommodate people's real needs must change....life is not about routine, sitting in traffic jams or crowded trains both ways every working day of your "life"..if you can call it that!!

I except there are some jobs where working in one location is desirable but there are so many that are not required, thankfully, and achingly slowly the culture is starting to change...

Posted 28 Feb 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Well put old master

Posted 28 Feb 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join