Gmail accts. disabled.

Gmail accts. disabled.

18 posts
19 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
mantisphoto
It sounds to me like Gmail doesnt like you... When they realised something was wrong with your account they have probably now put your IP address (the method of tracking all devices connected to the internet) to a banned list and thats why new accounts are getting disabled immediately... Create an account with another provider... and use that... and then query gmail as to why you are blocked.
But I don't have a clue what I've done for them to not like me; one day both accounts were fine, the next, having not written anything on either account the day before, they were disabled. I really haven't the slightest idea why. And your suggestion to set up an email account with someone else then contact gmail to ask why they've disabled me; well that's the stumbling block for me cos I wouldn't have a clue how to contact gmail from a non gmail account. As I said in my previous post, surely any 'contact us' link on any email account I set up with someone other than gmail would only be to contact whichever email company I'm using at that time, so 'contact us' if I was with, say, Yahoo would only be to contact Yahoo, surely? How would I contact one email company from another one? Seriously, it's way over my head all of this, and tbh, apart from being frustrated at not knowing the reason why gmail have actually disabled my accounts, I'm probably better off just not having any email accounts full stop if it's this complicated.
Posted 23 Feb 2015
Edited by PaulManuell 23 Feb 2015
Bob
Photographer
Bob
PaulManuell

Seriously, it's way over my head all of this

Paul, rather than stringing this saga out further why don't you just book yourself some time on a computer at your local library or community centre and then ask one of the staff to sit beside you and help you sort your problem?
Bob

Posted 23 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Bob
Paul, rather than stringing this saga out further why don't you just book yourself some time on a computer at your local library or community centre and then ask one of the staff to sit beside you and help you sort your problem? Bob
Thanks Bob, everything you said makes perfect sense and I really should follow your advice. Trouble is, I know 'me', and that 'me' has a propensity for impatience and getting extremely flustered when trying to learn things beyond my abilities, so I know (unfortunately) I'm likely to throw a childish strop and storm out of any computing lesson if I was struggling with it. So, for now at least, I'm not going to bother with trying to sort this email stuff out anymore. As I said above, I can still send and receive emails through Purestorm's internal system, so that's fine by me
Posted 23 Feb 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join