Page 3

41 posts
20 Jan 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
If sale of the Sun drops drastically will this be reversed? I doubt quality of journalism is a strong selling point of the said paper
BTW The Sun never confirm the ban which indicate something they can change back to. This also generate a lot of publicity. Murdoch is a shrewd marketing man and I would'nt put it past him to use this opportunity to reboot Page 3 with a new Sam Fox esq topless model for the new millenia that everyone will remember and start a whole new era of household name Page 3 lovelies. It is feminism that is old fashion and have been around far longer than Page 3.

Posted 21 Jan 2015
Edited by Chandos 20 Jan 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
It wouldn't be a very shrewd person who'd put a 16 year old kid toplrss in a paper now.

Posted 21 Jan 2015
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
Whether you read the Sun or not, or care about Page 3 or not, it's a victory for the bigots who want to impose their views. How many who voted actually read the Sun? What will attract their attention next, modelling sites like this?

Posted 21 Jan 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Jackass

Whether you read the Sun or not, or care about Page 3 or not, it's a victory for the bigots who want to impose their views.

^ this

And what worries me is.... where does it end?

The 'ban page 3' group are saying their work isn't over until all photos of models in newspapers are readicated, be it lingerie or swimwear.  Then what... lads mags? calendars?  album covers?  top shelf magazines?  films?
Posted 21 Jan 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
As for the breastfeeding thing, I think it should be banned. If we're not supposed to be comfortable with boobs in magazines/newspapers, it should therefore be accepted that actual boobs in public can and will cause embarassment/uncomfort to others. And while some would argue that breastfeeding is 100% natural... so is looking a nice looking women too
Posted 21 Jan 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Lets face it page 3 would have quietly died years ago had it not been for the feminist outcry. It's a creature of its time, which was the 1970's.

Posted 21 Jan 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
redbaron

Lets face it page 3 would have quietly died years ago had it not been for the feminist outcry.

But the fact they are claiming it as a victory to spurn further change which is tantamount to censorship is, IMO somewhat disturbing.
Posted 21 Jan 2015
paule
Photographer
paule
I do think P3 was way past its shelf life.. as are rabid feminists who are, as an organised gang, more corrosive than sexist blokes..

I think printed newspapers especially the tabloid red-tops are not long for this word either...

I note P3 will still appear online.. via subscription..

RM's P3 removal is nothing more than PR..

Posted 21 Jan 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
paule

I think printed newspapers especially the tabloid red-tops are not long for this word either... I note P3 will still appear online.. via subscription.. RM's P3 removal is nothing more than PR..

Oh I don't know - hard to stick an ipad in the back pocket of your jeans and they tend to slide off the dashboards of Transit vans
Posted 21 Jan 2015
My biggest issue is that they are not considering OUR feelings as confident - albeit pretty - women who will happily expose ourselves
I couldnt happier than posing nude and it upsets me that they will happily take these jobs away from us despite our feelings towards our professions - all the feminist who are saying this is a victory - well i cant think of anything LESS faminst than taking away jobs from other women that they enjoy and not supporting us in our own indiviual decisions - feel that its wholey unfair for them to take this away and call it a victory for them when all theyve done is put us - as other women - down
And to think men wont just oggle elsewhere is ridiculous - let me look! its human nature for both sex to want to see attractive people looking hot!
Whats wrong with having a little look and admiration for topless, nude, adult photos!

Every single day soemthing makes me think "glass houses people - glass houses" - have youre opinion but dont let effect everyone else

Posted 21 Jan 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Chandos

Yet outrage feminists don't buy the Sun regardless if it has Page 3 or not, it is just that they want to enforce their views and repression over men. Can you imagine topless fellas gets banned from all womens magazines the feminists and spineless politicians would be up in arms. Change.org needs a petition to bring boobs back on Page 3..... Another way to reverse the ban is don't buy the Sun now that the only thing worth looking at is gone.

Funny you should mention that. Do they still have the page 7 fella? 
Posted 21 Jan 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Well the Sun brought back topless ladies on Page 3 so my suggestion it was to draw publicity by Murdoch to sell papers is correct. This is a major smack in the face for those anti page 3 campaigners and feminazis who thought they won. If I was PM I would make it law that attractive people should be denied wearing clothes altogether
Posted 22 Jan 2015
Edited by Chandos 22 Jan 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
profilepictures
It wouldn't be a very shrewd person who'd put a 16 year old kid toplrss in a paper now.
True but it wasnt illegal then and Page 3 for over 18 is not illegal now. You know what I mean. And even back before 2003 when it was legal to show 16-17yrs old most were over 18. Stephanie Rahn the first Page 3 model in 1970 was 20yrs old. And while I don't like Murdoch he is a shrewd businessman and proved this by bringing Page 3 back after a lots of publicity
Posted 22 Jan 2015
Edited by Chandos 22 Jan 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Posted 22 Jan 2015
Edited by RedChecker 22 Jan 2015
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Funny how "other people" always want to prescribe to "other people" how they should live their lives or earn their living. Don't want to be a topless Page 3 model? Simple..don't do it.  But, don't tell others not to just because you *think* it is offensive. Don't like Page 3? Simple..don't look at it or buy the newspaper. Sorted. In shot, live and let live. Many women have gone on to *fame* and fortune through the medium of Page 3..who are others to judge them and pronounce that they shouldn't do it? In short..mind yer own business. Just my 0.02p. Have a good day!

Posted 22 Jan 2015
Edited by DJ200 22 Jan 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join