Question for MF film users on here......

Question for MF film users on here......

18 posts
27 Nov 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
anthonyh

I have found some relatively reasonable film prices after some hunting

How much?

If you're only saving 50p or so per roll, is it not worth the extra for Kodak, Fuji or Ilford for the peace of mind that their consistency would give rather than taking chances on films whose quality may be hit or miss?

And prices will not drop.  If anything they'll increase as film production becomes an increasingly niche market (despite the resurgence film its massively reduced commercial use will push prices higher).
Posted 2 Dec 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Can get FP4 below £4.00 a roll..maybe the same for TriX. As for prices...I read that the price of silver is a main factor in costs not production size. It is clearly profitable for companies to manufacture and it might be a niche market but if that niche is large enough to keep a couple of production lines going strong then there is no reason to close them down.

But thinking about it anyway...stocking more film that is.

Posted 2 Dec 2014
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
fomapan is variable but that's what i like about it, it's said to be end rolls of ilfords etc but that could be jibberish, if it's non critical work then give it a punt, if you're after quality i'm afraid you'll have to suck it up and buy from the big boys
Posted 3 Dec 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join