New pics up, would love some feedback off you guys please. thank you ...

New pics up, would love some feedback off you guys please. thank you xx

It seems this conversation has now been locked
20 posts
12 Sep 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
ToryLush

I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do?

To be honest if the circumstances Iain describes are accurate (and I don't believe he'd lie about it) I'd probably have done the same. And I've never left anyone bad feedback before either.

As to what you can do about it - that all depends on what you can sort out with Iain. I have known models to rebook with a photographer following bad feedback with the result that the bad feedback was overwritten with new good feedback. But I also know that some photographers have just been burnt twice when they've given the model a second chance.

Sane and sensible people can usually reach a satisfactory resolution but it looks like the ball's in your court at the moment.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN
PLEASE DO NOT PASTE PERSONAL PM /   CORRESPONDENCE IN THE FORUMS 
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by Love 13 Sep 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
ToryLush

what your saying is incorrect????

----

It is often difficult/impossible to find another model suitable for the job at a day's notice. Had it been a couple of days' notice then something might have been possible.

In these email situations a phone call is sometimes better and more reliable.

However I guess it may not have actually cost Iain the job. It should have just delayed it a few weeks, which admittedly may cause a cash flow situation downstream as there would be a delay in the flow of cash for the job.

I guess you live and learn.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by Chosin 13 Sep 2014
IainT
Photographer
IainT
ToryLush

what your saying is incorrect????

REMOVED ...

Hi Iain, you are going to so hate me but i not going to be able to come tomorrow, 

Dated the day before???????

You wrote that message in response to the message I sent you that day to make sure you were coming...as I say, I suspect that had I not initiated contact the day before the shoot you would not have got in touch at all. You had plenty time to get in touch with reasonable notice.

I would also advise you strongly to put the spade down and stop digging as no good ever comes of washing dirty laundry in public.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by Chosin 13 Sep 2014
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
We are Locking this thread to prevent it running out of control.

If anything this topic underscores four things:-

☼ Members should use internal mail to cancel shoots at the earliest opportunity.

☼ Members should try to resolve differences privately rather than publicly.

☼ Members should request Feedback Arbitration if they contest a Negative Recommendation.

☼ We have a thankless task trying to administrate even our simple Recommendations system.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
Edited by Love 13 Sep 2014
It seems this conversation has now been locked