israel and gaza

73 posts
8 July 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]anthonyh[/author]
One thing is for sure.....there will never be peace for Israel.[/qt]

That's true - but it would also be true for any solution you can suggest, I fear. If Israel were to disarm and disband its forces and take any other political actions you feel appropriate - what do you think would be the future for the Israelis?

Posted 10 July 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
anthonyh
The Israelis are a highly aggressive nation that can totally ignore UN resolutions because they are backed by the USA...a nation with a highly influential Jewish elite. Anywhere else in the world there would be outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force...that is...Palestine occupied by USA backed Israel. Because of USA backing there is a deathly silence on the part of the UK establishment regarding one other Arab country's weapons of mass destruction....that never existed. Likewise...the military domination of Palestine by Israel. I feel angry about it (as do a lot of people I know) and I am 100% British...it is hard to know what the people of Palestine and other Arab nations feel..... One thing is for sure.....there will never be peace for Israel.
The Israelis a highly aggressive nation? True, perhaps. But let's face it, when the state of Israel was ratified, the entire Arab world declared war on them. That is a scary situation for Israel, and it has modified only by the Arab world's inability to take them on effectively. If it were possible, Israel would cease to exist tomorrow, as would the majority of Israelis. International outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force? You mean like Northern Ireland, or the Crimea, or Tibet, or even Israel itself. Either you accept that successful occupation by force is legitimate, as in the case of Israel, or more lately, the USA, or you have to accept that if a country is held by a people prepared to die for their belief in their country is the best possible argument for that country's continued existence. I agree there will never be peace for Israel, but that statement needs to be extended as to why, and the why is the blind irrational hatred that the Arab nations hold for Israel and the Jews. And if you consider the 'Arab world' it is undeniable that they do hatred better than any other.
Posted 10 July 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
mph
anthonyh
One thing is for sure.....there will never be peace for Israel.
That's true - but it would also be true for any solution you can suggest, I fear. If Israel were to disarm and disband its forces and take any other political actions you feel appropriate - what do you think would be the future for the Israelis?
About 10 minutes.
Posted 10 July 2014
BodyBragging
Photographer
BodyBragging
Arguments about land in that area of the world go back as far as the old testament. I don't know about anybody else - but I'm bored of the whole subject. You will never get peace over there, full stop.

Let them just kick the sh*te out of each other.

I'm looking round and wondering what effect either Israel or the Palestine has on my life and my surroundings........Yup.........bugger all.

Fortunately retards like Blair and Bush aren't in power any more. So it's not like we're going to start any more fake wars which means our chaps and chapesses are going to be sent out to fight for a made up cause - based on the back of a couple of first class pr*cks lies.

So if they want to kill each other over there and as long as we're not providing the funding or arms to either side........then let them.

By the way (and on a side note).......maybe we should start a petition to get Blair and Bush tried for war crimes. I'd love to see those two get what they deserve for killing so many people!!!

Posted 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Posted 12 July 2014
Edited by Love 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
I just watched it a second time......even more disturbing.....and a superb bit of video work if one wants to view it only on that basis.

Posted 12 July 2014
Sdeve
Photographer
Sdeve
Shocking indeed. But then that's most often what propaganda films are supposed to be. Lot's of 'did you know' questions but no explanation of why this situation has arisen. Why Hamas governs there, and what it's agenda is for a couple. And if you build your military positions in the middle of dwellings, you must be prepared to take the consequences. And of the children killed, how many were armed, and already at perhaps 14 years of age, committed enemies of Israel?

Some cheesy Hollywood war film had the catch phrase "The first casualty of war is the truth." Corny, but in the case of the Middle East, entirely appropriate. And don't think for a minute that this will not affect us if we just let them get on with it. How many aircraft were hijacked, people murdered, bombs delivered, in the name of a 'Free Palestine'? Still, Britain has done it's best. We have despatched our worst living war criminal as a Middle East peace envoy. We can do no more.

Posted 12 July 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
We see documentaries about the Nazi concentration camps that give statistics on people killed, incinerated etc.....but don't call them propaganda films.

Earlier today the BBC reported that the casualty rate in the current spat is dead Palestinians: 100. Dead Israelis: 0.

Or is that just BBC propaganda?

Posted 12 July 2014
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
This is only because the Israelis (with their Iron Dome defense system) can defend themselves better than the Palestinians can. It's not through a lack of trying, on the part of the Palestinians, (and whoever funds them), that there aren't piles of Israeli corpses too.

Dave

Posted 12 July 2014
Edited by Crippen 13 July 2014
photostore
Photographer
photostore
http://www.channel4.com/news/the-children-of-gaza-jon-snow-video

Posted 6 Aug 2014
Edited by Love 6 Aug 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Crippen

This is only because the Israelis (with their Iron Dome defense system) can defend themselves better than the Palestinians can. It's not through a lack of trying, on the part of the Palestinians, (and whoever funds them), that there aren't piles of Israeli corpses too.

Word.
Posted 6 Aug 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
As these ethnic cleansing attempts have been happening regularly since biblical times, with all main religious franchises doing their best at one time or another to wipe out the other franchises, does anyone truly think it will end ... unless, perhaps, our planet comes under attack from extraterrestrials and those fools who put so much faith in religion suddenly realise they have to work together to defeat a common enemy.

The Levant has been the birthplace of three of this planet's major religions. Maybe if we were to bury them there too, this world might become a safer place for its human occupants.

Bob
Posted 6 Aug 2014
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Actually if you go back into history we can be blamed for this situation, before the second world war the Jews had no homeland, then the British government set up Palestine as a place for them to live. I believe that the Jews did attack British forces in order to get us out of the area, much the same as the Irish did thus Eire was created.

Posted 6 Aug 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
LaurenceJPower
Actually if you go back into history we can be blamed for this situation, before the second world war the Jews had no homeland, then the British government set up Palestine as a place for them to live. I believe that the Jews did attack British forces in order to get us out of the area, much the same as the Irish did thus Eire was created.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing
Posted 6 Aug 2014
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Bob

As these ethnic cleansing attempts have been happening regularly since biblical times, with all main religious franchises doing their best at one time or another to wipe out the other franchises, does anyone truly think it will end ... unless, perhaps, our planet comes under attack from extraterrestrials and those fools who put so much faith in religion suddenly realise they have to work together to defeat a common enemy.

The Levant has been the birthplace of three of this planet's major religions. Maybe if we were to bury them there too, this world might become a safer place for its human occupants.

Bob

Correction:- 'Birthplace of three of this planets major 'superstitions' - Let's say it like it is! - Particularly when it is used to justify murder on a grand scale!

Posted 6 Aug 2014
Edited by jivago 6 Aug 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join