5 July 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Chosin

Purestorm management not the moderators dealt with that specific thread
we understand it was related to a member cancelling their WorldPay subscription
moderators do not get any access whatsoever to members' online banking details

I started that thread - very nice that management are dealing with an "issue" on my behalf - except I haven't heard anything or had the error corrected. As a reminder, it was stopping a World Pay future payment immediately downgraded the account, even though there was some time already paid for.

There was a another thread that joined the "disappeared" at the same time, I wonder what the issue was here?

Perhaps both were hidden because that was easier than actually dealing with the "issue" ?

Moderator Input
Moderator understanding is that you instructed WorldPay cancel your Upgrade before the end of its term.
(Moderators are not given any access to members' banking transactions but can see if a cancellation went through.)
Moderators understand that members are warned that a downgrade will be instantaneous.
Moderators cannot overturn members' online banking instructions to WorldPay - even their errors.
Moderators understand Management are trying to resolve the issue in question.

A Contact us link is provided at the foot of every site page to allow members to raise specific issues with Management

Posted 6 July 2014
Edited by Love 6 July 2014
BrianSelway
Photographer
BrianSelway
So...why does the thread need to vanish for management to deal with this issue? Can't they read it on the forum? I'm more confused than ever. And I'd really like to know how this issue gets resolved, as I'm more and more likely to cancel my membership.

Moderator Input
This early cancellation issue is not being dealt with by Moderators
If any member has a problem with a WorldPay cancellation they should use the
Contact us link
Moderators are merely Moderators and they get no access to members' banking details
nor can Moderators reverse a member's instruction to the bank to downgrade their account.
The logical time to downgrade is at the end of the term and not part way through.

Posted 6 July 2014
Edited by Love 6 July 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
cgwebster
I started that thread - very nice that management are dealing with an "issue" on my behalf - except I haven't heard anything or had the error corrected. As a reminder, it was stopping a World Pay future payment immediately downgraded the account, even though there was some time already paid for. There was a another thread that joined the "disappeared" at the same time, I wonder what the issue was here? Perhaps both were hidden because that was easier than actually dealing with the "issue" ? Moderator Input Moderator understanding is that you instructed WorldPay cancel your Upgrade before the end of its term. (Moderators are not given any access to members' banking transactions but can see if a cancellation went through.) Moderators understand that members are warned that a downgrade will be instantaneous. Moderators cannot overturn members' online banking instructions to WorldPay - even their errors. Moderators understand Management are trying to resolve the issue in question. A Contact us link is provided at the foot of every site page to allow members to raise specific issues with Management
At the risk of being a bit boring, I'm going be pedantic. My first thread expressed disappointment at the payment system, I didn't ask or expect anyone to do anything about it. It wasn't an "error", I wanted to downgrade. This thread is about why my first thread got hidden, as well as another thread that had some (I thought) fairly positive debate. Honestly, if (some) members here take the time to write some well thought out posts and they just get deleted, then why is anyone going to bother in the future?
Posted 6 July 2014
Edited by cgwebster 6 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
If cgwebster would like to let us know how much the unexpired portion of his subscription amounted to we can have a whip round and send it to him. It'll be more than worth it to put an end to all this negative drivel and point scoring on the forum.

Posted 6 July 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
marlhamphoto
If cgwebster would like to let us know how much the unexpired portion of his subscription amounted to we can have a whip round and send it to him. It'll be more than worth it to put an end to all this negative drivel and point scoring on the forum.
You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that? If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you.
Posted 6 July 2014
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Chosin

Purestorm management not the moderators dealt with that specific thread
we understand it was related to a member cancelling their WorldPay subscription
moderators do not get any access whatsoever to members' online banking details

Who are 'The Management' I wonder, as a matter of interest ?

A wondering me.

Posted 6 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
cgwebster

You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that?

You didn't. Hence my assertion that it's all just negative drivel. You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

cgwebster

If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you.

I have no doubt that there will have been a reason. I've already aluded to what they might have been earlier in this thread. Unlike you I'm unlikely to jump to the unfounded conclusion that the reason was nefarious.

So, how much does the unexpired proportion of your subscription amount to...
Posted 6 July 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 6 July 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
marlhamphoto
You didn't. Hence my assertion that it's all just negative drivel. You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity. cgwebster If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you. I have no doubt that there will have been a reason. I've already aluded to what they might have been earlier in this thread. Unlike you I'm unlikely to jump to the unfounded conclusion that the reason was nefarious. So, how much does the unexpired proportion of your subscription amount to...
Wow, I think you take the biscuit for negative.
Posted 6 July 2014
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
marlhamphoto

You didn't. Hence my assertion that it's all just negative drivel. You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

I have no doubt that there will have been a reason. I've already aluded to what they might have been earlier in this thread. Unlike you I'm unlikely to jump to the unfounded conclusion that the reason was nefarious.

So, how much does the unexpired proportion of your subscription amount to...

You did indeed allude to what the reasons might have been, but unless you know for certain, it's pure speculation. For one thing, I doubt other sites would be interested in poaching ideas which they already implement! Also, why should anyone take your opinion as gospel? You say not to worry, though, so that makes it all peachy?
You might have no doubts. Plenty here do.

Posted 6 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
cgwebster

Wow, I think you take the biscuit for negative.

OK then let me do the sums for you. In the abscence of any info I'll assume you were a gold member and that you downgraded half way through the month. Let me be generous and round it up to £3.00. Does that sound about right to you?
Posted 6 July 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
marlhamphoto
OK then let me do the sums for you. In the abscence of any info I'll assume you were a gold member and that you downgraded half way through the month. Let me be generous and round it up to £3.00. Does that sound about right to you?
You really aren't getting the point are you?
Posted 6 July 2014
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Lol... assuming a thriving membership - which this place no longer enjoys, that's £3 multiplied by the number of users who decide to cancel early, unaware that their access drops to free membership level immediately.
It's also still £3 for providing... nothing.
Or nothing more than a free subscriber gets. Money for old rope, anyone?

Posted 6 July 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
EdT

You really aren't getting the point are you?

OK let me walk you through it.

The OP started this thread by saying this:

cgwebster

I started a thread a few days ago expressing disappointment at the way the downgrade process works. The thread ran for a few days but now is gone.... No explanation, no email from admin, no nothing. Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW.

Clearly the amount of the unexpired subscription is an issue for him - why else would he say "Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW." ?

Later on when I asked him about the value of his unexpired subscription he said this:
cgwebster

You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that?

Well clearly it was referred to in his opening statement - the part which I've highlighted above for clarity. But he's now trying to say that it was never about that despite what he said originally.

It's also clear from what he's said here that he chose to raise the matter of the unexpired part of his subscription via a thread on the forum whereas the moderators have belaboured the point that the proper way to deal with it is using the 'Contact us' facility. Hence my comment here:
marlhamphoto

You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

So, pray tell me, what is this elusive point that I'm missing?
Posted 6 July 2014
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
marlhamphoto
You missed this off the quote , changes the meaning slightly don't you think? You saw the original thread, I said quite clearly there it was no big deal. Please don't make out something is an issue for me when it isn't. But if you've made up your mind it is, then hey ho.
Posted 6 July 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
marlhamphoto
No point, you've obviously decided where you stand are totally closed to looking at the bigger picture.
Posted 6 July 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join