Fee advice for architectural photography??

Fee advice for architectural photography??

18 posts
4 June 2014
riddell
Photographer
riddell

Personally I'd say the sigma 12-24 is a very poor choice of lens. The distortion from that lens is enormous. Even when corrected it still looks wrong.

Most architectural photographers will be using tilt shift or even a movements arrangement.

If you just use a 'regular' lens then the 17-40L is pretty much the accepted lens.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Posted 12 June 2014
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
FrameworksMedia

£500/day + traveling expenses (inc overnight stay for long distances).

Price varies upon style of shots required but if you're doing the job right then you'll have the relevant wide angle and tilt shift lenses or need to hire them. Be prepared to offer a few 360 virtual or stitches for the upper price bracket. You'll need to process HDR for internal shots if they include windows. External shots can be a case of waiting for the right weather/day/time. i.e shoot during golden hours, so it's not just a case of turning up and clicking away.

However, they're probably after a 'budget' job on the cheap which is why they've asked you rather than hire an experienced professional, so be prepared to quote £50 and turn up with a crop sensor - lol!

Bout right, I used to charge £600 a day back in the 80s, I lived in the countryside and the rates were far less.

But I did have all the correct medium format gear, shift lenses and powerful tunsten lights.

Posted 12 June 2014
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
Ron_H

I will be using a Sigma 12-24mm with my Canon 6D and using Photoshop to correct any distortion. I was even thinking of using some of the photos to create maybe a water colour effect of some of the buildings and seeing if the owner would be interested in buying this as a canvas print, so there's potential to make a little extra money there also.

No, No, No a 12-24 will give you far to much distortion to retify in photoshop.

Stitch images together if you have to.

Posted 12 June 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join