38%

Thanks. Does that make me look bad?
Posted 12 May 2014
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
marlhamphoto
Thanks. Does that make me look bad?
Fortunately as with most things there's no definitive answer and peoples perception will play a part, i.e, Lazy, busy, arrogant, not interested, on holiday, inundated, technically incompetent, parttime site user, doesn't like me, is scared of me, the reasons are endless but I lean towards it not being a great sign of things to come, my deal breaker would be around 15%.
Posted 13 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
I don't think 38% is low enough to deter time wasters... so what difference could it make ?
If you make a model a lucrative (or at least appealing) offer they are unlikely to say oh no! I couldn't work with someone who has such a low % of replies.

As I guess you're implying, it's a rather pointless figure.
It is almost certainly better to monitor a model's 'OMG too hung over to remember last night' posts on facebook if reliability is a concern.

Posted 13 May 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 13 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
stolenfaces

... As I guess you're implying, it's a rather pointless figure.

Quite.

stolenfaces

It is almost certainly better to monitor a model's 'OMG too hung over to remember last night' posts on facebook if reliability is a concern.

You might be right but the thought of 'monitoring' a model's facebook is a bit too creepy for me. Thanks for the tip though

Posted 13 May 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
After a decade of being on sites like this and communicating with models, all that really concerns me these days is whether or not the model replies promptly and succinctly to MY mail messages and I don't bother too much about whether she replies to other members or not. If she doesn't reply to me / takes her time replying / strings out what should be a short conversation / doesn't answer questions or read them properly etc. I just shunt her to the back of the queue.

If a model has a decent portfolio and plenty of positive feedback yet a poor reply rate I presume the problem possibly lies with some of those who are messaging her, but if she has a poor portfolio and no decent feedback and also has a poor response rate I don't even bother contacting her.
Seemples!
Posted 13 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Bob

After a decade of being on sites like this and communicating with models, all that really concerns me these days is whether or not the model replies promptly and succinctly to MY mail messages and I don't bother too much about whether she replies to other members or not. If she doesn't reply to me / takes her time replying / strings out what should be a short conversation / doesn't answer questions or read them properly etc. I just shunt her to the back of the queue.

If a model has a decent portfolio and plenty of positive feedback yet a poor reply rate I presume the problem possibly lies with some of those who are messaging her, but if she has a poor portfolio and no decent feedback and also has a poor response rate I don't even bother contacting her.
Seemples!

I'm only surprised that it took you a decade to arrive at that conclusion! Some of us manage to figure it out much sooner.
LOL
Posted 13 May 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
marlhamphoto

I'm only surprised that it took you a decade to arrive at that conclusion! Some of us manage to figure it out much sooner.

I've always been a slow learner ..... but I usually get there in the end.
Bob cheeky

Posted 13 May 2014
Sometimes though, us models get nincompoop, salacious rubbish messaged to us...I wonder how many models report this?

I had ' Have just w**ked off over your nude pictures - can you send me some more'

BLOCKED immediately.

One never knows whether to laugh or cry
I'm happy to work with amateur or professional photographers...but there are standards to be kept...
Posted 13 May 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
SuzyMonty

Sometimes though, us models get nincompoop, salacious rubbish messaged to us...I wonder how many models report this?

I had ' Have just w**ked off over your nude pictures - can you send me some more'

BLOCKED immediately.

One never knows whether to laugh or cry

You'd think people would have more respect wouldn't you?

For me it would be both - laugh AND cry.
Posted 13 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join