French wine in America - how much?

French wine in America - how much?

18 posts
9 May 2014
stolenfaces

You really are just plain ignorant : the delays in deporting people is nothing to do with the Eu. It is due to the European court of human rights which WE set up (along with others) after the war. If you were interested on these things, it would be simpler for you to google it rather than making ignorant comments here. [ as this alone shows you are totally uninformed, I did't think it worth reading the rest of you comments]

As everybody is a world expert on one subject(themselves) their conversations tend to be about what they know most about and It is obvious that the OP in describing himself.  Whats your thoughts?
Is this rant acceptable on the forums? I think it's out of order to call other members ignorant.
Do we want this sort of comments on Purestorm? It's in decline all ready and this sort of comments will move it closer to it's demise, in my honest oppinion.
Posted 16 May 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
theperfectgentleman
As everybody is a world expert on one subject(themselves) their conversations tend to be about what they know most about and It is obvious that the OP in describing himself.  Whats your thoughts? Is this rant acceptable on the forums? I think it's out of order to call other members ignorant. Do we want this sort of comments on Purestorm? It's in decline all ready and this sort of comments will move it closer to it's demise, in my honest oppinion.
Calling him ignorant is not an opinion it is a fact. He is not expressing an opinion he is repeating something that is untrue. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he is ignorant rather than deliberately spreading lies. What level of factual error would you call ignorant? The moon being made of cheese, the earth being flat, not knowing that most non-pensioner benefits are paid to the employed, not the unemployed..... Democracy is founded on the concept of informed electors casting votes. If people are allowed to spread stories that are factually inaccurate (particularly where the story can be easily looked up on Google to ascertain the truth) then we are in the world of Goebbels, North Korea or Orwell's 1984. It is bad enough that the Presidency of the USA is determined largely by who spends the most money, without ordinary people allowing the decline of our own democratic society by being too polite to challenge these untruths. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Posted 16 May 2014
Edited by stolenfaces 16 May 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
theperfectgentleman
As everybody is a world expert on one subject(themselves) their conversations tend to be about what they know most about and It is obvious that the OP in describing himself.  Whats your thoughts? Is this rant acceptable on the forums? I think it's out of order to call other members ignorant. Do we want this sort of comments on Purestorm? It's in decline all ready and this sort of comments will move it closer to it's demise, in my honest oppinion.
Given that the post in question was blaming the EU for our inability to deport terrorist suspects, then either it shows breathtaking ignorance of the difference between the ECHR and the EU, or it was a deliberate attempt to mislead. I will give the poster the benefit of the doubt and put it down to ignorance.
Posted 17 May 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join