Record shop day - Sat 19th April - what was 1st record you bought

Record shop day - Sat 19th April - what was 1st record you bought

31 posts
19 April 2014
cjr316
Photographer
cjr316
I bought 'Blockbuster' by Sweet and 'Part of the Union' by the Strawbs at the beginning of 1973. I remember it so well, like yesterday.

Posted 21 April 2014
david1500
Photographer
david1500

Pipeline by the chantays

Posted 21 April 2014
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Paul_Jones

The first LP I bought was 'Another Music in a Different Kitchen' by BUZZCOCKS.

Good times....  frown

Good times, I'll say! I remember buying that one myself. Did you go to the gig at Brixton last year, playing all the oldies, with the original 77 line up? It was good! They even did spiral scratch with Devoto on vocals, at the end. cheeky
Posted 21 April 2014
Edited by CCP 21 April 2014
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
CCP

Good times, I'll say! I remember buying that one myself. Did you go to the gig at Brixton last year, playing all the oldies, with the original 77 line up? It was good! They even did spiral scratch with Devoto on vocals, at the end. cheeky

No, I didn't get to it, sadly... 

Posted 21 April 2014
Ian_Walker
Photographer
Ian_Walker
Album Mad Dogs and Englishmen Joe Cocker

Posted 21 April 2014
1113images
Photographer
1113images
I do remember that far back but i can't remember Saturday night it was Itchycoo Park by the Small Faces.
Posted 22 April 2014
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd - £2.20

Posted 23 April 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Jean Michel Jarre - Revolutions

Posted 23 April 2014
carlosw
Photographer
carlosw
'A Song for Jeffrey' Jethro Tull (single)
'Fleetwood Mac' (the dog and dustbin cover) LP - when they were a blues band and not an AOR band

Posted 23 April 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
The album...From the Witchwood by the Strawbs! And I have never stopped buying music for the last 45 years I guess. Have to confess I feel it is a form of expression and creativity above photography.....capable of touching every emotion?

Posted 23 April 2014
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Ca Plane pour moi by Plastic Bertrand although I later found out he had very little to do with the record, I was being subjected to punk by my older brother and this new wave hit got right up his nose. It still makes me smile to day

Posted 23 April 2014
Pict
Photographer
Pict
First single I remember having was the runnaway train with Tommy Steele but I was too young to buy it myself First single. I can remember buying was The bitterest pill by the jam and album would have been Elo's Out of the blue. I think
Posted 24 April 2014
scubie
Photographer
scubie
Harry James and the Andrews Sisters,"Don't fence me in" 1942 in council property after being bombed out!!

Posted 24 April 2014
zzdigital
Photographer
zzdigital
My first purchase of a vinyl single was 'Locomotion' by Little Eva. I later saw her at a live concert.

Posted 24 April 2014
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Automatically Sunshine by The Supremes in 1972 from W.H. Smith's still sounds great thanks to Jean Terrell's and Mary Wilsons vocals.

First album was Deep Purple - Machine Head released the same year.

Still spend a fortune on music each month, one of life's enduring pleasures.

Posted 25 April 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join