Lay flat photobook's ?

18 posts
13 March 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
FrameworksMedia

I wouldn't say they were reasonably priced. I would say they were cheap in both product and price compared to other companies offering products specifically for the wedding market.  From the limited information provided, it would not be unreasonable to assume the customer was after something of higher quality. However, there are people on a budget and sometimes that's all they are going to afford.

In this instance, it sounds like you may be fighting an uphill struggle to secure the booking without a portfolio of albums for the bride and groom to view. It may be worth getting some demo albums made to order.

All of the above and more. Show something cheap and nasty and that will determine your market if indeed you end up with one at all. Wedding photographers needs for an album are quality of construction, quality of printing, lack of branding. If you give a punter a Photobox or similar album, expect them to kick off when they can go online and find that you have charged £500 for a £29.99 book. The fact that its taken a week to edit the pictures, set the album, prep the pictures for printing and pay for the book in advance is not something they will consider. That's one of the reasons Loxley and others require an account before you can access their sites.
Posted 17 March 2014
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
If you use InDesign or Lr/Bridge then you can also tie into Blurb:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/create-photo-books

Posted 18 March 2014
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Tony_Parker

I have used www.albelli.com

+1
Easy to use website and design software and decent quality books. Prices aren't bad either
Posted 20 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join