Quitting!

26 posts
21 Feb 2014
Thanks all Its interesting to hear that for most of you the "scare" tactic doesn't work. Perhaps some repeat offenders who have no intention of leaving the industry will have spotted this and realised that its not actually the best marketing in the world. It wont be too bad if the weather is shockingly awful, I'm not really used to wearing dresses that resemble duvets in terms of warmth so wont mind it being a bit breezy! Rory hates hot weather and you would need to knock me out to get me on a plane so we are only going a few hours up North and living in a posh holiday home for the week. Can't beat beautiful surroundings and nice food, plus it has a swimming pool and tennis court
Posted 21 Feb 2014
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
I'd be more scared if you announced plans to shoot clothed only. 

Just waiting for the dog collar and I'll see you at the wedding.   

If I don't see you before then, have a fantastic wedding day, and an even better marriage. cheeky

Posted 21 Feb 2014
vasquito
Photographer
vasquito
crying

Congrats Chrissy !!!

V
Posted 23 Feb 2014
Well I have been offline since November! Done profile update now as few things have changed. A lot can happen in 4 months I have been concentrating on my "real job" and Wedding Planning (like you just for 2015!). Unfortunately I didn't get my promotion but hey ho I am waiting to find out about a role which will allow me to travel a little more I just went offline quietly. The work wasn't very forthcoming and I was so busy I never got chance to go online. I think people do it for attention to get people to say "please don't leave" Good luck with the Wedding!
Posted 24 Feb 2014
I decided to leave the industry a couple of years ago due to personal reasons
I put out the castings saying I was leaving simply to let anyone who hadn't already booked me and might have wanted to the opportunity to get in touch before I left
I messaged some photographers personally to let them know but put out a casting incase there were photographers out there who wanted to book
It was a genuine resignation at the time however after a couple of months I had a similar situation to Hazel who commented above and came back to the job I love

Im now only modelling 1 or 2 day a week as I have other commitments and rather than "quit" im jsut limiting my shoots as situations do change. I didnt do it to get more bookings but I didn't leave forever but I hope people didnt see it as attention seeking!

Congrats on the wedding!

Posted 25 Feb 2014
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
You cant quit ever unless you visit Leeds first! I dont buy the whole quitting thing, Had an occasion recently where a model I never got round to shooting a model (which I should have) and the notice of retirement came up. Didnt make me get my wallet out and chase for a shoot. In my view the best stuff just happens, sometimes though it is not meant to be.
Posted 25 Feb 2014
Bexlian
Photographer
Bexlian
Enjoy your wedding!

Where on earth will you find a photographer for it?

Posted 25 Feb 2014
Danny I've been in Leeds about 6 times for photo purposes (thats like an average of once a year) - I'm sure I will be back soon Thanks all for the lovely comments re-wedding. Bexlian I had my wedding photographer picked before I even met my partner. I worked with him back in 2009 and done one of his wedding slideshows for a talk he was doing, having a chance to look through quite a lot of his weddings I fell in love with what he done as a wedding photographer. I booked the photographer before booking the venue or anything else. It was probably more important to me than the venue etc. Think he was quite honoured to be asked, I know lots of photographers but very few do it for a living so I wanted to ensure that I got good pictures but also that the person taking them knew how to gather people and get the best out of them. I'm sure though that the "snap shots" throughout the day will be pretty amazing though as I have a few photographers coming along. I will probably be a complete nightmare when it comes to the photography side of things so its quite a lot of pressure on the guys shoulders!!
Posted 25 Feb 2014
Amber6
Model
Amber6
I personally would not put a post up I was leaving for several reasons - 1)I probably will do the odd shoot 2)I'm shy 3) Nobody wants to be the person who puts up a post and God forbid, not a single person comments, haha, that would be my luck! Mind you, I personally don't mind the 'quitting posts' as they can turn out quite funny, plus I'm a nosy bugger
Posted 25 Feb 2014
Amber6

I personally would not put a post up I was leaving for several reasons - 1)I probably will do the odd shoot 2)I'm shy 3) Nobody wants to be the person who puts up a post and God forbid, not a single person comments, haha, that would be my luck! Mind you, I personally don't mind the 'quitting posts' as they can turn out quite funny, plus I'm a nosy bugger

Haha... I'm very much the same.

I love modelling, I have shitty days/weeks but I just take a little break and come back again feeling better about it all.
Plus I wouldn't want anybody to think I had stopped modelling unless I really and truely have quit.

Posted 25 Feb 2014
MikeBee
Photographer
MikeBee
It's a girlie thing!

Posted 4 March 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join